Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Fule Pump or Fuel Regulator?
chrispovoas
post Aug 7 2023, 12:03 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 27,285
Region Association: Australia and New Zealand

Hi guys, so on my journey to get the engine running an pulling correctly I have done the following;

1) Tracked down all of the air leaks so that the engne stalls if i cover up the main air intake on the air box

2) Refurbed all 4 injectors

3) Replaced the ignition leads, Rotor and distributor cap

4) Installed refurbed AA Valve

5) Checked the spark on all leads

6) Installed new plugs

However, the engine still performs / runs like its on 3 cylinders... Once the injectors were done the engine was running sweet.. Parked the car for 2 weeks, engine back to running like a pig.. All 4 plugs were quite black (even after only running for about 3 miles in total since they were installed), which shows all 4 are getting fuel but running very rich.

If the electrics are good, then it must be fuel? Perhaps the Pump or regulator?.. Anything i can check / test by myself? as my driveway is steep and the car doesnt have the power to get up it to take it to a mechanic

Cheers

Chris
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th May 2024 - 01:17 PM