Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Dual EMPI 44HPMX Tuning, What am I doing wrong?
UkonCornelious
post Sep 4 2023, 02:27 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 25,192
Region Association: Middle East

I have recently gotten everything needed to get my car back on the road after 15 years of sitting. I have a newly rebuilt, street cam 2056 with dual 44HPMX EMPIs and I am trying to get it running better.

The engine sounds pretty solid when operating between 3-5k, but below that (and at idle) it doesn't sound great. There are lots of exhaust pops and the engine seems to sputter a little while cruising at constant speed.

I understand that you typically set the idle speed and then turn each idle screw in until the engine slows/ starts to die. Then you turn it out slowly until the engine runs smooth again. The problem is that the driver side carb doesn't seem to react at all when I screw either of the idle screws in all the way, and then backed out to 5 full rotations (which is the limit supposedly according to the video I watched).

Do I have the wrong size idle jets?

Are 44s just too big for this motor?

Do I have an intake leak?

Is the timing off somehow? (I originally set the timing with a light at break in)

What do you think I should check or measure to get my carbs tuned properly?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th May 2024 - 01:33 PM