Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Fuel pump installation for carburetors setup., Please share images on what is the best option for fuel pump installations.
CCE
post Jan 9 2024, 01:49 PM
Post #1

CCE

Group: Members
Member No.: 26,203
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

Just had a minor issue with “did not fill gas on time” and the sediment clogged the fuel pump, so I need to install a new pump (that will include a pre filter) but I wonder if you have a clever install idea. You can share for the install.

I have a 2.2L, with 44mm twin weber motor.
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 1)
sportlicherFahrer
post Jan 10 2024, 08:14 AM
Post #2

Nothing to see here.

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,945
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

The later front mounted fuel pump location and filter arrangement the factory used is pretty ideal and is easy to swap in one of the Carter low pressure pumps for carburetors. Filter goes before the pump, so it helps eliminate the sediment issue. Those pumps also like to be gravity fed versus trying to draw fuel to the back of the car, so it helps keep stable fuel pressures as well.

Similar to what is shown here, though I suggest a U-shaped steel fuel line to made the bend from the filter to the pump to avoid a kinked hose.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?s=&...t&p=2656834
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 01:45 AM