Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Steering Wheel, Need a shorter hub adapter
dmilzoff
post Jul 28 2003, 08:54 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 377

I recently installed a Momo Thunder steering wheel and Momo Hub adapter on my 914-6 and now find the wheel much too close to my body. I was told that the hub adapter is the only one that Momo makes but that other manufacturers may have one which does not extend so far from the dash. I need help in finding a source for another adapter.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ninefourteener
post Jul 29 2003, 10:10 AM
Post #2

Perfectly Normal Guy :)

Group: Members
Member No.: 779

I could be WAY off here... but give it some thought.

On my last teener, I had a Grant Steering wheel. Of course, it doesn't just bolt straight up to the styock colums, so I bought the "grant" hub adapter.

Guess what.... it didn't fit....... the bolt patterns didn't match up.

BUT.... the bolt pattern DID match the Momo wheels they had, I just couldn't afford the wheel at the time, so I modified the adapter to fit a grant (which it should have done in the first place)

Nevertheless, it was plenty-o-room, and not close to my chest at all. Best of all, it was like 20 bucks at Auto Zone. Can't beat that right?

Sorry, can't really see the setup in these pics, and I don't havbe the car anymore, but at least you can see I really didn't lose any space either though.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 03:27 PM