Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Door hinge bolts, I need to get a few extra bolts and then maybe just replace all of them. Where do I buy these?
fiacra
post Apr 2 2024, 06:16 PM
Post #21

Person.Woman.Man.Camera.TV

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,920
Region Association: Northern California

[/quote]

So my dad is a retired surgeon. He told me from a young age to pay attention to your fingers and the rest of you will probably be in good shape. Technology has come a long way but back in his day, he said reattaching fingers was 50/50 at best. and of course eye protection because you only have two. I'm not trying to be gross or overdramatic but a little care goes a long way. My daughter just started a carpentry job and I passed my dad's advice to her.

I have a pretty good stash of parts (some already plated) so if you need anything, you or your dad can pm me and I'll send it out. No charge.

I find this site particularly easy for locating specifics about parts, small and large, for our cars.
https://nemigaparts.com/cat_spares/pet/porsche/914/570u/
[/quote]

@mepstein That's the kind of generous offer that earns my respect, for what it's worth.

Just about to hit my 18th year in hand surgery (as a PA). If you can do it to your hand I've probably seen it, but then again every day brings something new into the clinic. Here's where I hijack this thread to put in my PSA about wearing gloves, taking breaks, working in a well lit and organized environment, never using tools when under the influence or tired, not disabling safety features on tools, and just using as much common sense as you have. I recognize that last one varies quite a bit, but the others take very little effort. A quick example: 10+ years back a patient had a partial digital amputation when using a wire wheel while cleaning metal parts. This is why you don't take the safety guard off an angle grinder.... He was also a sculptor and as he was uninsured I let him pay off his bill with a piece of his art work. Here's what he came up with. The wire wheel in the base is the actual one that caused his injury. A bit macabre, but it was therapeutic for him to make art out of it.

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
technicalninja
post Apr 2 2024, 08:35 PM
Post #22

Group: Members
Member No.: 27,135
Region Association: Southwest Region

OK, that's super cool!

Bloody steam punk!

Trading art for repairing the artists tools is too!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd May 2024 - 07:34 AM