Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Lost a Friend I never met, In Memory of Rocky A 914 guy The Plaque is done. Now what
rick 918-S
post Mar 31 2024, 07:10 AM
Post #1

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Group: Members
Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

I started to post about the former owner of the 6 I am working one in my build thread. I thought I would do as he wished and share something that meant a lot to him.

When I purchased the car I got in touch Rocky. I wanted to know some of the history and his time with the car. He was very honored to be offered a membership in the SoCal R Gruppe. He talked about a tour he was specially fond of as he was the planner. He asked for my address as he had something he wanted to send me.

One day in the mail a large envelope arrive. In it were two booklets he assembled. One was about the the car. On the coverage was a note from him about sharing the info.

Well time passes. I was building a house, juggling work and trying to figure out how i was going to finish Juergen's 6 with no shop. The post mark on the mailing I received is July 23, 2019. Turns out he lost his battle with stage 4 Lymphoma on July 22. 2020. I should have been a better friend. It appears Freda passed away a year after Rocky.

So here is the first booklet he sent. A special memory as he wished.

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

He also sent me a copy of the tour he planned.

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

I started to make the triangle window into a plaque for him. I was going to mail it out as a surprise. I am still going to finish it. But now i have to think of a fitting place for it. Maybe the R Gruppe guys would do a Rally in his honor and present the plaque to the winner.

Attached Image

https://www.californiafuneralalternatives.c...ry/Rocky-Kuonen
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 12:14 PM