Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> OT: Truck Won't Start in the Morning, "Cold" Start Issues
Nogoodwithusernames
post Apr 3 2024, 10:58 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,051
Region Association: None

Way off topic I know, but this forum is also WAY better than others that would maybe be more appropriate for this.

I've got an Isuzu Hombre '98 4 cylinder pickup. It does have a bit over 200k on the odometer, but it runs good. This last winter it started acting up not wanting to start in the morning. I'm in CA so morning temps can range from 30°f upwards just depending on weather.
It has gotten steadily worse where to now it won't even start when it's 50° outside.

I have tentatively narrowed it down to lack of spark, it will crank and crank and crank but not fire. A timing light on a spark plug wire while cranking will not flash.

I started with new coils figuring those might be going bad and not wanting to fire when it's cold out. No dice.

I am also getting codes for cam and crank sensors (as well as codes EGR valve and low efficiency on CAT, though I believe those are unrelated to the no start, and I believe the one caused the other so I cleaned out the EGR and made sure it was moving freely and seated okay, and have some BG 44k in the tank to help clean things out)
Anyways replaced the cam and crank sensors with NTK brand and it started two mornings in a row, and now won't start in the morning again.... Temps were all about the same all four mornings.

It will start just fine later in the day though.

Of course with all of this registration renewal is coming up and it's a SMOG year (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)

Any troubleshooting tips would be appreciated since it feels like I'm (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dead horse.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 04:03 PM