Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 1973 year 2.0l Roller / complete car for sale $4500 obo, Car Project for sale - located Virginia Beach
frostyf
post Apr 13 2024, 05:50 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,168
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

So with some regret, I have to sell my 914 as a roller project. The car is a late 1972 build but has a 1973 model serial number on it : 4732906384.

I bought the car from the previous owner, but beyond working on mechanical aspects, replace ball jts, tie rods, frunk catch, brakes, targa top etc, its been largely stored dry in our garage. I had planned to tackle it this year and hoped to drive it late summer with intent to keep long term, but Ive realised the welding is beyond my skills.

The good :
- Clean Virginia Title in my name
-Appears to have appearance group (Center Console currently out the car), 5-2.0l fuchs alloys with new tires
-2.0 litre engine, was running well, but I've currently taken the fuel pump out to replace a fuel hose leak; I'll get that refitted and get a video of the engine running
- stainless steel 2.0l heat exchangers
- Ben Mcfarlane stainless steel exhaust
- stainless fuel lines in the tunnel and engine bay
- set of good quality additional doors (not fitted) as the ones on the car are dented and bashed
-set of replacement early glass if needed (drivers main window has a chip at the top
- new front brake cylinder (19mm - 914 rubber)
- new front brake calipers (standard 914 front calipers)
- targa top painted and new seals replaced
- door gaps currently seem good
- has a used replacement under dash pad with it (no cracks)
- Has replacement targa pad new (914 rubber included)
- car is complete - photos do not have the targa fitted or the seats in the car. These are included.

The Bad :
- Car was originally a Sepia Brown model, but the people I bought it from had sprayed it cheaply in a matt black paint - it needs a repaint
Rust is present in both longs and the floorpan. I'm just starting out with MIG welding after taking a class and had hoped to start repairing it this year. From my perspective at present it requires the following :
- left hand long from the front to just past the jacking point (I bought replacement left and right inner long panels in preparation which come with the car)
-driver side jacking point appears solid but I think the outer long needs to be opened to check (I've not done that yet and outer long has some holes in it)
-Passenger side long needs replacement - front part seems more solid than the drivers side, but the rear on the passenger side is worse and extends into the engine bay / hell hole.
- previous owner has done a patch in the hell hole, to the firewall and the rear trunk
- floor pan and cross member have several holes. I was going to try and do the longs then replace the whole pan, but it could also be patched.
- bottom of the inner firewall on the passenger side needs patching
- bottom of passenger side front fender has a rust patch/hole

Overall I thought the car was worth repairing and I'd like to try and sell it complete if at all possible.

I've saved the photos in this folder link :
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1dda...wP2?usp=sharing

If there's issues accessing this, let me know - I'm a bit new to the google drive stuff but hopefully you can access the photos. Also if you need me to zoom in or photo a specific area, please PM me.

Nick
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st May 2024 - 05:53 PM