Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> GT Jägermeister Tribute 914-6 Conversion
jhynesrockmtn
post May 13 2024, 07:27 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,100
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

The time has come to sell my GT Tribute. I bought this car out of Livermore CA at Rennsport in 2018. It had originally been built by a Porsche tech in the 90s and used at time trial events with several different drive train combinations over the years. It was sold to a couple that autocrossed it a few times and then used it for shows. When I bought it, it had mostly been sitting for quite a long time and the fuel system was horribly fouled. My intention with the car was to freshen it and add the necessary safety systems for vintage racing. I have raced FV with SOVREN since 2008 and am a PCA HPDE instructor as well. After getting the car home the project took a few winters. I did one weekend in Portland in 2021 and have not really used the car since. I was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes a few years back and made the decision not to be on track in a car any longer with potential hypoglycemia issues causing way too much anxiety. I've contemplated making the car more of a street GT but other projects leave me little time. I'm an enthusiast with 4 914s, a 356 and a 911 SC. This car should go to someone who wants to vintage race it or tweak it into a street GT Tribute.

Some specs and a few pics below. I have way more information for anyone interested including an album of photos and video. This will include pics of the underside, longs, hell hole, etc. I just drilled out the rivets to expose the jack points and longs yesterday.

1973 914 chassis converted to GT Tribute with Jagermeister livery
Much of the conversion was done using factory 6 parts including the engine mount, steering column, factory 6 dash.

The engine was built by Gary Dielacher's shop in San Bruno CA
Original 914-6 case
Line Bored
Oil Bypass Mod
Oil Squirters
2.4L Crank
Factory S Cams
2.2L S Pistons
Weber 40 IDA
Estimated 10.5 to 1 compression
Per my subsequent conversations with the builder of the car the engine had very little time on it. Compression is between 180 and 190 lbs after roughly a 30 minute warm up.

Flares, bumpers and sill covers are glass. The rest of the body is metal. Paint is what I'd call a nice race/track job. It shows well, has a few knicks/chips.

Stock 901 side shifter with new clutch according to the builder
I added Tangerine's firewall bushing and side shift linkage kit. I also added a JWest rennshift and retained the hand throttle. Rennline dead pedal and adjustable gas pedal.

Front and Rear 911 Carrera brakes
69-73 Hubs
Bilstein coilovers - 180 to 200lbs springs
Weltmeister 22mm front sway bar
21-22 mm front torsion bars - this is from the builder, I did not pull to verify

Tangerine SS fuel line was installed along with a Patrick Motorsports 914 fuel cell.

Wired in transponder

PMB rebuilt calipers, new 19mm MC, new soft lines. I've never been happy with the pedal feel or travel. In talking to Eric from PMB he thinks the car needs a 23mm MC due to the calipers in the car. New front wheel bearings.

GT bracing kit in the rear on the chassis and trailing arms.

15 by 8 and 7 Fuchs with Toyo Proxes RA1 that were heat cycled at Tire Rack. Those were purchased July 2021. Probably 5 20 minute sessions and a hundred or so street miles.

The carbs were rebuilt by Jack Morris. Engine was pulled to do valves, belt and generally inspect it. Crank fire setup was replaced with a 123 distributor with bluetooth.

914-6 Heat Exchangers

Sparco fire system with 5 nozzles.

Full cage built by Dave Evans

Too many other items to list. The car retains it's lighting system but it is not connected to the dash other than brake lights. The car is titled and plated in WA state. I removed the door glass, door cards and a pair of Koenig seats while transitioning it into a legal vintage car but retained those parts.

It's hard to value. I'll start at $52,500 but am open to reasonable offers. Car is in Spokane WA.

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jhynesrockmtn
post May 16 2024, 08:13 PM
Post #2

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image
+Quote Post
racerbvd
post May 18 2024, 11:47 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 226
Region Association: None

Open to any trades?
+Quote Post
jhynesrockmtn
post May 19 2024, 08:25 AM
Post #4

QUOTE(racerbvd @ May 18 2024, 10:47 AM) *

Open to any trades?

Possibly, not my ideal scenario, but what are you thinking? Shoot me a DM.
+Quote Post
eddie914
post May 19 2024, 09:25 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 27,926
Region Association: None

WOW! I have missed so so much in the last few years.

Cheers, Eddie914
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 03:16 PM