Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Amp wiring, My amp is protecting itself for some reason
technicalninja
post May 19 2024, 04:08 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 27,135
Region Association: Southwest Region

Edit: This was supposed to fall under Superhawk"s post. WFF beat me to the punch.

Freaking Perfect!
Only two ninja adds.
I just love those internal/external star washers for grounds.
I'd do pretty much exactly what SH suggested and add the "slap it" test.
If it will act up when you slap it (or clear) you've got your critter!

Jittery powers, both the main feed and the remote on.
Shitty grounds.
Too much power
Too little power
Cold solder on circuit boards internally in the amp.
That's the list for me...

To the OP:
Your wiring work looks KICK ASS!
You can come do my wiring anytime you'd like!
So nice...

This is what I mean when I say most of the "best quality" technicians I know don't do it for a living.
This guy's work looks like it...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
windforfun
post May 19 2024, 06:54 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 8,476
Region Association: None

BTW, Sony never tested their Trinitron TVs prior to shipment. They achieved such fantastic reliability that they didn't need to. They figured that if one in a million was bad, they'd just replace it for the customer. Blaupunkt probably does the same thing. They would let the customer do the testing.

My last Blaupunkt car receiver (tuner & amplifier) was a total POS. I could sit there in the car & see the radio station transmission towers from a mile away & the radio couldn't cleanly grab the signal to save its life.

German consumer electronics aren't what they used to be except maybe for Studer Revox which is not really a consumer product. I used to go with CA/Japan made Ampex products - less in price with local service available. Great sound with super workmanship. Go USA!!!

Whatever...

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif)

+Quote Post
CCE
post May 19 2024, 09:12 PM
Post #23

CCE

Member No.: 26,203
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ May 19 2024, 02:44 PM) *

@CCE

So here are a couple things you can do:

1) clean off that under dash ground until you have shinny bare metal
1a) you can use a multimeter to measure resistance between that under dash ground and battery post negative to appease Ninja. Should be very close to zero ohms. Your test leads will have some resistance. Measure by shorting leads. Subtract that from whatever the meter reads between under dash and battery negative

2) use meter to monitor the 12v input to the amp while driving. Should not really be much above 14.5v max. Since you are tapped directly off battery positive this is your battery voltage when runnning and charging. If it’s exceeding 15v here, your voltage regulator is acting up.

3) monitor the remote connection when driving to make sure that it has a steady 12v being supplied to it. A loose spade connector on the fuse panel proving intermittent 12v would cause the shutdown / restart behavior you’re seeing.

From what I can find for amp documentation the input voltage upper limit is 15v. Make sure you aren’t exceeding that.

Beyond that it would be RF interference from old school ignition or alternator that the amp is sensitive to and causing the shutdowns.

Thanks a lot! I will follow the instructions ! Really appreciate it
+Quote Post
CCE
post May 19 2024, 09:20 PM
Post #24

CCE

QUOTE(windforfun @ May 19 2024, 03:55 PM) *

Here's some more wood to throw on the fire.

If your voltage regulator checks out & your grounds are kosher, as previously discussed, I would again suggest that the amplifier is bad. If there is alternator noise while driving, then I would also suggest that the amp's internal PI filter is bad & leaking to ground (assuming it has one) due to a bad capacitor. External PI filters were used in the old days to eliminate alternator noise. They consist of an inductor in series with the hot input along with two capacitors on either side of the inductor which run from the hot input to ground. An intermittent leaking capacitor will short to ground & perhaps blow a fuse depending upon how bad the short is. I've run into this problem before with OLD audio gear.

Again, just some more potential BS to add to this discussion.

Your wiring looks very clean. Are your loudspeakers hooked up independently or in parallel? Series would be a no no from a sound quality perspective, but this will decrease the load. The lower the total resistance, as in the case of a parallel connection, the larger the load. I suppose this is a moot point since the system works fine when the car isn't running.

Ergo you have a defective amp. They don't test these things prior to shipping. I would return it for a new one. Can you contact Blaupunkt for additional support?
Does the thing come with a schematic?

Finally, what happens when you disconnect the speakers? Can you see if the amp shuts down while hitting the gas pedal?

Finally again, this is a Class D amplifier. They are prone to power supply issues.

From the internet:

"Power-Related Problems:

Power issues are another common concern. These can range from the amplifier failing to turn on to problems with maintaining consistent power output during use.
Causes can include faulty power supplies, inadequate power sources, or internal component failures, such as issues with the power management circuitry."

https://brzhifi.com/blogs/news/solving-comm...troubleshooting

Hmmm... Is the amp getting hot & going into thermal overload & subsequent shut down?

Call me at 408-802-0155 if you wish to discuss this in greater detail. Leave a message if I don't answer.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

Speakers are connected individually not in parallel
It does shut down on acceleration
I need to verify my regulator I think it all points that direction
Thanks really
+Quote Post
CCE
post May 19 2024, 09:22 PM
Post #25

CCE

QUOTE(technicalninja @ May 19 2024, 04:08 PM) *

Edit: This was supposed to fall under Superhawk"s post. WFF beat me to the punch.

Freaking Perfect!
Only two ninja adds.
I just love those internal/external star washers for grounds.
I'd do pretty much exactly what SH suggested and add the "slap it" test.
If it will act up when you slap it (or clear) you've got your critter!

Jittery powers, both the main feed and the remote on.
Shitty grounds.
Too much power
Too little power
Cold solder on circuit boards internally in the amp.
That's the list for me...

To the OP:
Your wiring work looks KICK ASS!
You can come do my wiring anytime you'd like!
So nice...

This is what I mean when I say most of the "best quality" technicians I know don't do it for a living.
This guy's work looks like it...

Thanks they where so few cables I dedicated some time and it was done. Did some tests first

Attached Image
+Quote Post
CCE
post May 19 2024, 09:26 PM
Post #26

CCE

QUOTE(windforfun @ May 19 2024, 06:54 PM) *

BTW, Sony never tested their Trinitron TVs prior to shipment. They achieved such fantastic reliability that they didn't need to. They figured that if one in a million was bad, they'd just replace it for the customer. Blaupunkt probably does the same thing. They would let the customer do the testing.

My last Blaupunkt car receiver (tuner & amplifier) was a total POS. I could sit there in the car & see the radio station transmission towers from a mile away & the radio couldn't cleanly grab the signal to save its life.

German consumer electronics aren't what they used to be except maybe for Studer Revox which is not really a consumer product. I used to go with CA/Japan made Ampex products - less in price with local service available. Great sound with super workmanship. Go USA!!!

Whatever...

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif)

Agree
+Quote Post
Spoke
post May 20 2024, 04:34 AM
Post #27

Jerry

Member No.: 3,031

I went looking for the manual for this amp to see what the specs were and found these 1 star ratings on Amazon. Not saying anything about the product; just reading comments. Lots of unhappy people.

From the United States
Lee S.
1.0 out of 5 stars Poor, Unsupported Product…That is defective.
Reviewed in the United States on September 17, 2022
Verified Purchase
Finally got around to installing this just to find out it will not power on. I double checked my input voltage and it was receiving 12 volts, but the unit is dead. The instructions are practically non-existent and provide no help whatsoever. If you do an internet search, there are several post about how the company doesn’t even have this listed under them. Just stay away from it. Absolute waste of money.

Update…finally got it to work. Because the instructions are very poor and lacking in detail for install, it does not mention to wire ignition hot to the “rem” terminal to turnthe unit on. The sound is ok, but not loud when cranked up. Still not a recommendation.
One person found this helpful
Helpful
BestTech
1.0 out of 5 stars Bad batch
Reviewed in the United States on March 17, 2024
Verified Purchase
I have bought and installed multiple of the “BT” version of this amp and love them. I put them in classic cars.
Apparently the “BT” models are all gone and are now shipping the “BT PRO” only. So even though this listing doesnt say PRO , thats what you get. I have made 3 orders so far of this BTPRO model and each one has had the same issue , iphones wont connect and stay connected. It keeps dropping the Bluetooth immediately upon playing a song.
Upon my return third bad unit I called Blaupunkt tech support and they said theres a bad batch if them and that I could mail my unit to them and they would send me an updated unit so thats what I am going to do. All three of my bad ones came from this amazon seller so unfortunately they probably have more of these bad ones which need to be returned to Blaupunkt. So if you plan to buy one , be prepared for it to potentially not work with iphone and need to return it or send it to the manufacturer.
2 people found this helpful
Helpful
mark
1.0 out of 5 stars 1 of 3 worked
Reviewed in the United States on February 12, 2024
Verified Purchase
Read entire review- So i had purchased one of these amps to use in a classic car- it worked flawlessly and connected everytime as soon as you turned the key to give the signal to pair with my iPhone/ i sold the car and the amp went with it

I then got another car and i liked the amp so much i purchased another one- installed it and noticed it now read Amp1840btPRO in the Bluetooth settings- my first one did not have the pro in the title- it was having a hardtime connecting to my phone- when it did connect it would play audio for about 2 seconds and then drop the signal, i could not get it to play more than that- so i figured it was defective- i returned it and got another one- then replacement would would also only play for 2 seconds and then drop the bluetooth signal, super bummed as now i need to find another Bluetooth amp- i would not try a 3rd as something definitely changed since my first one- pretty much the new batches do not function correctly unfortunately
Helpful
Michael Bowick
1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
Reviewed in the United States on March 30, 2024
Verified Purchase
The Bluetooth would not stay connected, and the amp continuously would cut off for no reason. I was highly disappointed in the product. There is no videos to help troubleshooting the issues nor anyway to get help on the issues. I would not recommend using this amp.
Helpful
shane e.
1.0 out of 5 stars HORRIBLE AMP!!!
Reviewed in the United States on May 20, 2023
Verified Purchase
Amp seemed ok out of the box...but quickly found it to be a huge piece of junk.

the antenna wouldn't stay tight, if you turn it one direct or the other, the base nut unscrews and everything just flops around.

This thing does not produce the power it claims, didn't expect the high numbers, but did atleast expect 50w x4.

Bluetooth connected easy, and always worked...but the amp has some severe limitations.

One day while trying to adjust the front speakers to actually produce sound from the amp it poped and shut off forever...i had maybe 10 hours of total use out of the amp...and it couldn't even push a pair of tweeters and 4x10's...

I bought an alpine amp and and RCA to usb c cable and these speakers are quite nice now.
Helpful
Matt H.
1.0 out of 5 stars Bluetooth wouldn’t stay connected.
Reviewed in the United States on December 17, 2023
Verified Purchase
Bought it to install in a classic car and be able to pair my phone via Bluetooth. It would play less than 3 seconds and then disconnect and then reconnect. Antenna was connected and phone works on all other Bluetooth sources. Wasted time wiring this thing up for it not to work. Unimpressed to say the least.
Helpful
Mike
1.0 out of 5 stars Drops Bluetooth within seconds of playing
Reviewed in the United States on March 26, 2024
Verified Purchase
Don’t buy this junk. Can’t return it
Helpful
Willee
1.0 out of 5 stars Defective when I got it
Reviewed in the United States on February 2, 2022
Verified Purchase
UPDATE July 2022:: Since I bought it last November 2021 and it was defective on arrival. I sent an email to the manufacturer with a copy of my receipt. So 8 months later they have Not sent an email or tried to contact me in any way. DO NOT BUY - NO WARRANTY!!
It took a month before I got around to installing it when I noticed the bluetooth antenna mount was loose. Tried to tighten it up and was only twisting wires inside it instead. Powered up the amp after install and the left channel is out (yes I checked it). Then after running for just a minute it would shut off. So basically I got a amp that shorted out from the factory and it's too late to return this boat anchor!
Helpful
Amazon Customer
1.0 out of 5 stars No bluetooth
Reviewed in the United States on January 5, 2024
Verified Purchase
Very disappointed . Bluetooth will not stay connected even with phone with phone beside Unit . Sending back !!
Helpful
Chops101
1.0 out of 5 stars Not True BT stereo
Reviewed in the United States on January 10, 2023
Verified Purchase
This is not a bad amp for the price, but I needed to use it exclusively for the BT adapting feature as I use iPhone exclusively for music streaming in my classic car.
While it pairs well, and the sound is plenty loud but not much bass, it is mono when BT paired.
That was the deal breaker, it's mono. And I tested it / validated that aspect. Had to send it back and went with a separate BT adapter and separate amp.
+Quote Post
CCE
post May 20 2024, 08:40 AM
Post #28

CCE

QUOTE(Spoke @ May 20 2024, 04:34 AM) *

I went looking for the manual for this amp to see what the specs were and found these 1 star ratings on Amazon. Not saying anything about the product; just reading comments. Lots of unhappy people.

From the United States
Lee S.
Verified Purchase
Finally got around to installing this just to find out it will not power on. I double checked my input voltage and it was receiving 12 volts, but the unit is dead. The instructions are practically non-existent and provide no help whatsoever. If you do an internet search, there are several post about how the company doesn’t even have this listed under them. Just stay away from it. Absolute waste of money.

Update…finally got it to work. Because the instructions are very poor and lacking in detail for install, it does not mention to wire ignition hot to the “rem” terminal to turnthe unit on. The sound is ok, but not loud when cranked up. Still not a recommendation.
Helpful
BestTech
Verified Purchase
I have bought and installed multiple of the “BT” version of this amp and love them. I put them in classic cars.
Apparently the “BT” models are all gone and are now shipping the “BT PRO” only. So even though this listing doesnt say PRO , thats what you get. I have made 3 orders so far of this BTPRO model and each one has had the same issue , iphones wont connect and stay connected. It keeps dropping the Bluetooth immediately upon playing a song.
Upon my return third bad unit I called Blaupunkt tech support and they said theres a bad batch if them and that I could mail my unit to them and they would send me an updated unit so thats what I am going to do. All three of my bad ones came from this amazon seller so unfortunately they probably have more of these bad ones which need to be returned to Blaupunkt. So if you plan to buy one , be prepared for it to potentially not work with iphone and need to return it or send it to the manufacturer.
Helpful
mark
Verified Purchase
Read entire review- So i had purchased one of these amps to use in a classic car- it worked flawlessly and connected everytime as soon as you turned the key to give the signal to pair with my iPhone/ i sold the car and the amp went with it

I then got another car and i liked the amp so much i purchased another one- installed it and noticed it now read Amp1840btPRO in the Bluetooth settings- my first one did not have the pro in the title- it was having a hardtime connecting to my phone- when it did connect it would play audio for about 2 seconds and then drop the signal, i could not get it to play more than that- so i figured it was defective- i returned it and got another one- then replacement would would also only play for 2 seconds and then drop the bluetooth signal, super bummed as now i need to find another Bluetooth amp- i would not try a 3rd as something definitely changed since my first one- pretty much the new batches do not function correctly unfortunately
Helpful
Michael Bowick
Verified Purchase
The Bluetooth would not stay connected, and the amp continuously would cut off for no reason. I was highly disappointed in the product. There is no videos to help troubleshooting the issues nor anyway to get help on the issues. I would not recommend using this amp.
Helpful
shane e.
Verified Purchase

the antenna wouldn't stay tight, if you turn it one direct or the other, the base nut unscrews and everything just flops around.

This thing does not produce the power it claims, didn't expect the high numbers, but did atleast expect 50w x4.

Bluetooth connected easy, and always worked...but the amp has some severe limitations.

One day while trying to adjust the front speakers to actually produce sound from the amp it poped and shut off forever...i had maybe 10 hours of total use out of the amp...and it couldn't even push a pair of tweeters and 4x10's...

I bought an alpine amp and and RCA to usb c cable and these speakers are quite nice now.
Helpful
Matt H.
Verified Purchase
Bought it to install in a classic car and be able to pair my phone via Bluetooth. It would play less than 3 seconds and then disconnect and then reconnect. Antenna was connected and phone works on all other Bluetooth sources. Wasted time wiring this thing up for it not to work. Unimpressed to say the least.
Helpful
Mike
Verified Purchase
Helpful
Willee
Verified Purchase
UPDATE July 2022:: Since I bought it last November 2021 and it was defective on arrival. I sent an email to the manufacturer with a copy of my receipt. So 8 months later they have Not sent an email or tried to contact me in any way. DO NOT BUY - NO WARRANTY!!
It took a month before I got around to installing it when I noticed the bluetooth antenna mount was loose. Tried to tighten it up and was only twisting wires inside it instead. Powered up the amp after install and the left channel is out (yes I checked it). Then after running for just a minute it would shut off. So basically I got a amp that shorted out from the factory and it's too late to return this boat anchor!
Helpful
Amazon Customer
Verified Purchase
Very disappointed . Bluetooth will not stay connected even with phone with phone beside Unit . Sending back !!
Helpful
Chops101
Verified Purchase
This is not a bad amp for the price, but I needed to use it exclusively for the BT adapting feature as I use iPhone exclusively for music streaming in my classic car.
While it pairs well, and the sound is plenty loud but not much bass, it is mono when BT paired.
That was the deal breaker, it's mono. And I tested it / validated that aspect. Had to send it back and went with a separate BT adapter and separate amp.

Thanks I red most of them, the biggest complaint was on a short delivery of power from 100w to some 65w x4, they lost a lot of power to the advertised data, which in my case was not an issue, and a gain from my old car stereo that was 40w per channel, just want to hear, not share with the neighbors.
And also it connects really well to my iPhone, surprisingly well. So I just need to sort the problem which I think is in my power regulator, and we will do fine.
Attached Image
+Quote Post
windforfun
post May 20 2024, 09:35 AM
Post #29

BTW, those power ratings are most likely peak power & not rms (root mean square). The rms rating is more realistic or practical. For a sine wave, rms is less than peak by the square root of 2 (2^1/2). All the better amplifier makers specify rms power into a 4 &/or 8 ohm load.

Good luck with the trouble shooting.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif)
+Quote Post
Dave_Darling
post May 20 2024, 06:16 PM
Post #30

914 Idiot

Member No.: 121
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(CCE @ May 19 2024, 08:20 PM) *

It does shut down on acceleration

To me, that suggests that something is moving and shorting out. Once you have double-checked that your system voltage isn't spiking to 16V, start wiggling everything.

--DD
+Quote Post
CCE
post May 21 2024, 08:04 PM
Post #31

CCE

QUOTE(CCE @ May 20 2024, 08:40 AM) *

QUOTE(Spoke @ May 20 2024, 04:34 AM) *

From the United States
Lee S.
Verified Purchase

Helpful
BestTech
Verified Purchase
Helpful
mark
Verified Purchase

Helpful
Michael Bowick
Verified Purchase
Helpful
shane e.
Verified Purchase

Helpful
Matt H.
Verified Purchase
Helpful
Mike
Verified Purchase
Helpful
Willee
Verified Purchase
Helpful
Amazon Customer
Verified Purchase
Helpful
Chops101
Verified Purchase

Thanks I red most of them, the biggest complaint was on a short delivery of power from 100w to some 65w x4, they lost a lot of power to the advertised data, which in my case was not an issue, and a gain from my old car stereo that was 40w per channel, just want to hear, not share with the neighbors.
And also it connects really well to my iPhone, surprisingly well. So I just need to sort the problem which I think is in my power regulator, and we will do fine.
Attached Image

All connections ar good and tight, (I did the shake test as mentioned, thanks) I ordered a regulator from Autoatlanta, I don’t trust my regulator anymore, and regarding the amp specs. Here is a photo of the very poor brochure.
Attached Image
+Quote Post
windforfun
post May 21 2024, 08:50 PM
Post #32

I'm glad that those output power specifications are RMS. That's a powerful amplifier with reasonable harmonic distortion (THD).

Power = voltage x current or voltage^2/resistance.

Again, good luck with the trouble shooting.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif)
+Quote Post
rjames
post May 22 2024, 09:59 AM
Post #33

I'm made of metal

Member No.: 4,467
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

When I first acquired my car the PO had installed an amp and it would cut out intermittently. I chalked it up to an electrical system that wasn't up to the task at the time. I removed it soon after.
I'll be interested to see what your voltage readings are when it cuts out.

Note that if you have any fuel smell in the front bulkhead it will come through the holes that you used to mount the stereo unless they are sealed up nice and tight.

+Quote Post
CCE
post May 26 2024, 12:44 PM
Post #34

CCE

Just got a new hella regulator from Autoatlanta….

Magic. It now works perfectly my old regulator was allowing more power than it should..

It now sounds and moves at the same time.

All suggestions where followed

It’s a bit smaller in height but worked immediately now I need to figure out the retaining screws. But it is working.

Previous one was from autozone apparently was not correct for the car. Had some issues with coils in the past. Car baked the CB performance dry coils.

Thanks all

Attached Image
+Quote Post
Freezin 914
post May 26 2024, 12:57 PM
Post #35

Member No.: 17,687
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I am no expert, but have installed a few stereos in my day, if it is shutting down “overload”, it could be a few things.
Is it a four channel amp? sorry didn’t read real close….
Because if it is 2 channel, the way it looks to be wired it has to be 2ohm stable, or it will shut down heat overload.
+Quote Post
windforfun
post May 26 2024, 02:51 PM
Post #36

QUOTE(CCE @ May 26 2024, 11:44 AM) *

Just got a new hella regulator from Autoatlanta….

Magic. It now works perfectly my old regulator was allowing more power than it should..

It now sounds and moves at the same time.

All suggestions where followed

It’s a bit smaller in height but worked immediately now I need to figure out the retaining screws. But it is working.

Previous one was from autozone apparently was not correct for the car. Had some issues with coils in the past. Car baked the CB performance dry coils.

Thanks all

Attached Image

I'm glad the amp is good to go. It's much easier to replace the voltage regulator.

We used to call the bad ones "Bosch Battery Bakers."

You'll need some SS sheet metal screws to secure it. Be gentle & try not to cross thread or strip out the holes.

Right on dude!!!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

+Quote Post
Superhawk996
post May 26 2024, 08:04 PM
Post #37

914 Guru

Member No.: 22,428
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

With respect to the retaining screws, they need to be very short approx. 4-6 mm long or they will penetrate the side of the relay board and contact the copper trace in the board.

Look closely at pictures of the relay board traces and you’ll see what I mean. I’ve literally found boards where someone put a 3/4” screw in there shorting out multiple traces. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)

Attached Image
+Quote Post
CCE
post May 27 2024, 08:12 AM
Post #38

CCE

QUOTE(Freezin 914 @ May 26 2024, 12:57 PM) *

I am no expert, but have installed a few stereos in my day, if it is shutting down “overload”, it could be a few things.
Is it a four channel amp? sorry didn’t read real close….
Because if it is 2 channel, the way it looks to be wired it has to be 2ohm stable, or it will shut down heat overload.

It’s 4 way, 4 ohms speakers are focal 4.25 and focal 5.1 amp documents say it’s 100w per channel but I don’t think is that much, just sounds a bit louder than my old 50w per channel stereo…has to be around 60w per channel.

Attached Image
+Quote Post
CCE
post May 27 2024, 08:17 AM
Post #39

CCE

QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ May 26 2024, 08:04 PM) *

With respect to the retaining screws, they need to be very short approx. 4-6 mm long or they will penetrate the side of the relay board and contact the copper trace in the board.

Look closely at pictures of the relay board traces and you’ll see what I mean. I’ve literally found boards where someone put a 3/4” screw in there shorting out multiple traces. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)

Attached Image

Great picture thanks so much!, I will.
+Quote Post
930cabman
post May 27 2024, 09:18 AM
Post #40

Advanced Member

Member No.: 24,877
Region Association: North East States

Glad you got her fixed. I just came upon this thread and when I read "cuts out on acceleration" I was thinking voltage regulator. I have seen my factory voltage gauge indicating over 14v often. Probably not an issue for factory stuff.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th June 2024 - 10:16 PM