Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Seat Belt Warning System, Newbie Q: Random wires in the cabin
914orRust
post Aug 29 2005, 10:00 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,623

I recently purchased a 74 914. I found that the seat belt warning system (is there a more proper name? If so, let me know) that should reside under the passenger seat is missing. I have a cluster of frayed wires in the cabin that don't have a home and I think its causing some electrical woes (internal light doesn't work, etc). Does anyone know where I could find this missing pieace? Or do I need it at all?

Thank you in advance for the advice. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/beerchug.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 2)
SLITS
post Aug 29 2005, 10:07 AM
Post #2

"This Utah shit is HARSH!"

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,696
Region Association: None

Mainly disconnects the ability to start the engine.....the two big yellow wires should be tied together for the engine to start (bypassing the ass weight sensor). No, you don't really need it.

As far as other functions, I'm not sure...would have to look at the wiring diagram.

I probably have one of the relays somewhere (I don't use it)
+Quote Post
914orRust
post Aug 29 2005, 10:17 AM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,623

Thank you for the advice and insight. I really didn't know what that sensor did. I think I'll continue to ignore it. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 02:57 AM