|
|

|
Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG.
This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way. Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners. |
|
|
![]() ![]() |
| wonkipop |
Sep 28 2026, 03:37 PM
Post
#21
|
|
914 Guru ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Members Posts: 5,735 Joined: 6-May 20 From: north antarctica Member No.: 24,231 Region Association: NineFourteenerVille
|
|
| 930cabman |
Sep 28 2026, 05:43 PM
Post
#22
|
|
Advanced Member ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Members Posts: 4,845 Joined: 12-November 20 From: Buffalo Member No.: 24,877 Region Association: North East States
|
Nice car and typical build, but to me nothing special or out of the ordinary. Just another GT replica. Curious what the RUF name will bring to the auction. I am surprised.. You would think it would at least have a RUF steering wheel, Seats and some custom body work. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) Cool but nothing that members here haven’t built themselves. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) Not myself for sure, but there is some real talent within this group of misfits (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welder.gif) |
| lalee914 |
Sep 28 2026, 06:37 PM
Post
#23
|
|
Senior Member ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Members Posts: 900 Joined: 13-February 13 From: Georgetown, DE Member No.: 15,521 Region Association: North East States |
The VIN stamping on the right inner fender is dodgy. asterixs instead of stars either side of stamped number. whats with that? ones i have seen use the star symbols on that stamping. Well, 9140430059 has the same kind of asterisks. That is the press car in England that was crashed and had a chassis replacement. Those asterisks were used on 1971 & 1972. All the 1970 cars had stars. I wonder if this is another chassis replacement? The VIN plate on the headlight bucket is correct but has some small imprefections in it. Sure looks like an excellent build |
| wonkipop |
Sep 28 2026, 07:34 PM
Post
#24
|
|
914 Guru ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Members Posts: 5,735 Joined: 6-May 20 From: north antarctica Member No.: 24,231 Region Association: NineFourteenerVille
|
The VIN stamping on the right inner fender is dodgy. asterixs instead of stars either side of stamped number. whats with that? ones i have seen use the star symbols on that stamping. Well, 9140430059 has the same kind of asterisks. That is the press car in England that was crashed and had a chassis replacement. Those asterisks were used on 1971 & 1972. All the 1970 cars had stars. I wonder if this is another chassis replacement? The VIN plate on the headlight bucket is correct but has some small imprefections in it. Sure looks like an excellent build great info. thanks. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) |
| Lucky9146 |
Sep 28 2026, 10:24 PM
Post
#25
|
|
Always Wanted A Bigger Go Cart ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Members Posts: 1,712 Joined: 22-September 14 From: Poway California Member No.: 17,942 Region Association: Southern California
|
Marty
I've had my 914-6 GT Tribute for 13 years now, on the road since 2018, and I never get tired of seeing my MSDS headers. I consider them a key part of my build. They are truly a work of art! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif) I believe they look better than the ones on the BAT car, but I think it is very cool that your headers on on that car! |
| Maltese Falcon |
Sep 28 2026, 10:49 PM
Post
#26
|
|
914 Guru ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Members Posts: 5,391 Joined: 14-September 04 From: Mulholland SoCal Member No.: 2,755 Region Association: None |
Marty I've had my 914-6 GT Tribute for 13 years now, on the road since 2018, and I never get tired of seeing my MSDS headers. I consider them a key part of my build. They are truly a work of art! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif) I believe they look better than the ones on the BAT car, but I think it is very cool that your headers on on that car! Jim>> those ceramic coated headers look 1 day old (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) For the high caliber of the B-A-T car's builder, forgoing some type of coating for performance + protection from the elements was not a good choice IMHO (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) |
![]() ![]() |
|
Lo-Fi Version | Time is now: 29th September 2026 - 02:57 AM |
| All rights reserved 914World.com © since 2002 |
|
914World.com is the fastest growing online 914 community! We have it all, classifieds, events, forums, vendors, parts, autocross, racing, technical articles, events calendar, newsletter, restoration, gallery, archives, history and more for your Porsche 914 ... |