Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> electrical system nightmare, alternator is drawing power.
vincesix
post Sep 17 2005, 10:24 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,313

I need some Help. I just completed my 2.7 carburated conversion on my 73 914. The engine is a 2.4 case. I have installed a valleo internally regulated alternator bought from world pac. the b+ lead is connected to the starter battery wire. The d- lead is connected to the ground. The d+ lead is connected to the relay board in the engine compartment lead that goes to the alternator light then to the key switch. The first go with this it was discorverd that the alternator was bad. so A & A alternator in Riverside rebuildt it. When i picked it up they stated that this alternator had been modified from external to internal regulated. After the rebuild I have a dead battery every time the car sits. the D+ lead is hot when every thing is off and now the fule pump runs intermitentlly when every thing is off.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
vincesix   electrical system nightmare   Sep 17 2005, 10:24 AM
!   Test the battery after it's fully charged, at ...   Sep 17 2005, 10:45 AM
Cap'n Krusty   RTFM! Again, for like the ten thousandth time...   Sep 17 2005, 10:56 AM
vincesix   their is a MSD6A. No one way diode. Will the MSD p...   Sep 17 2005, 02:49 PM
!   Try this.....   Sep 17 2005, 02:59 PM
!   and this....   Sep 17 2005, 03:01 PM
lapuwali   A nit: When the alternator is operating, the D+/G...   Sep 17 2005, 03:23 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 11:05 PM