Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Silver Star Sacramento BBQ, Who's house is this anyway...
ConeDodger
post Sep 18 2005, 08:33 PM
Post #1

Apex killer!

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,380
Region Association: Northern California

Well the Sacramento 914 guys got together. We had a few no-shows... John L. and John W. I am not going to name names but you know who you are...

We met a nice gal who owns an original 6 and a 2L 4cyl. Martin asked if she was married because naturally this woman is the marrying kind. Her name was Laura and her husband was Bill I think???

We all got a good laugh out of how I was the instigator of this get together and yet it was held at Porschecb Michaels house. His significant other thought he had lost his mind hosting a BBQ for a bunch of people he had never met... You know if you think about it, Michaels sanity should not be a subject of question. He owns a 914. He must be a little whacked... (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/headbang.gif)

Tobra and his brother showed up. Martin and I and Laura and her husband. 8 of us in all...

Thanks to all of you who showed up. It was a great time and it was terrific meeting you all. Next time will be at my house since I couldn't handle Wanda's constant nagging me about why it had to be at their house (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/huh.gif) Not really...

Anyway, here is to new friends. I hope we meet again soon... (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/beerchug.gif)

Rob
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Tobra
post Sep 18 2005, 08:47 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 4,634

I thought it was Laura and Gary. Thanks for the nice get together BTW, sorry Geoff and I were so late, I was trying for hours to get that drain plug out of the tranny, no luck but it did not round off, so I just topped it up. Thank God it was not on a hilly street, or my block of 2X4 parking brake would not have worked, but at least it started when we left.

Martin, you are truly an encyclopedia, the hot smell was the oil I got on the heat exchangers, your brain will be getting picked over by me on a regular basis.
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Sep 18 2005, 09:03 PM
Post #3

Apex killer!

Yup Martin is an amazing fountain of 914 trivia and not so trivia...

Your probably right. Laura's husband was such a soft spoken and polite guy I forgot his name. I am very sorry about that.

Glad you and Geoff showed though.

Rob
+Quote Post
mxdude914
post Sep 18 2005, 09:10 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 925

thank you for the invite to the lunch, but i really had to get home because my girlfriend had homework. thanks for the muffler martin it is a lot better than that rusted old piece of crap. btw i am most likely keeping my 914, i had too much fun driving it home.
+Quote Post
North Bay 914
post Sep 18 2005, 09:12 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 3,504

Thanks for the compliments on my 9 1 4 knowledge, I am still learning more about them every day...my car ran great on the way home, no problems. Great to meet all the folks from the club and the Swap, for sure. Here is a shot of Laura's 9 1 4 Two litre car, original abergine car repainted in a more modern shade. The paint is very nice, like a mirror. Look at the tree in the refection on the hood.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Tobra
post Sep 18 2005, 09:13 PM
Post #6

They sure are fun. I have half tank of gas in the car and pulled hard enough in the corner to find out that my low fuel warning light works (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/driving.gif)

I notice you did not take a picture of my three tone orange machine
+Quote Post
North Bay 914
post Sep 18 2005, 09:15 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (mxdude914 @ Sep 18 2005, 07:10 PM)
Thanks for the muffler Martin it is a lot better than that rusted old piece of crap. btw I am most likely keeping my 914, i had too much fun driving it home.

No problem, I am washing my shirt as I type, glad you are happy. It sounded good when you drove away, nothing like swapping parts at the swap meet, and I mean swapping parts...muffler change on the street...lol.
+Quote Post
North Bay 914
post Sep 18 2005, 09:19 PM
Post #8

QUOTE (Tobra @ Sep 18 2005, 07:13 PM)
I notice you did not take a picture of my three tone orange machine

I forgot I had the camera in the car until you had taken off, sorry. Here is a B/W pic of her car...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
porschecb
post Sep 18 2005, 09:20 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 2,529
Region Association: None

Dear Tobie: Buy a Haynes manual. It will help you out. We do not mind answering questions, but rear tailight bulb replace!!!! Don't wig out I am just messing with you. Thanks for showing up today (late) it was nice to meet you! Need some help? Just let me (us) know. My son also liked your style of ribs.
+Quote Post
mxdude914
post Sep 18 2005, 09:29 PM
Post #10

i'd say i'd buy you a beer or something next time i see you, but the whole having to be 21 thing....btw do you happen to have or know of any left rear brake callipers, clutches, or passensger turn signal?
+Quote Post
North Bay 914
post Sep 18 2005, 09:36 PM
Post #11

QUOTE (mxdude914 @ Sep 18 2005, 07:29 PM)
i'd say i'd buy you a beer or something next time i see you, but the whole having to be 21 thing....btw do you happen to have or know of any left rear brake callipers, clutches, or passensger turn signal?

No problem, helping a fellow 91 4 person out is what its about. I have all you just listed, but the clutch is of course not new. If you want to give me a call, I am at 707 434 0184. I have two parts cars, and a ton of extra stuff here. My days off are Sunday-Tuesday. I'll do you right on prices. You car could be very nice with some work. Here is what my Red car looked like when I towed it home...the one you saw at the swap meet.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
North Bay 914
post Sep 18 2005, 09:37 PM
Post #12

And now after some time (and money of course) well spent....

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
mxdude914
post Sep 18 2005, 09:48 PM
Post #13

i will give you a call tomorrow, because i a have a lot of homeowrk i have to get finished. thanks
+Quote Post
North Bay 914
post Sep 18 2005, 09:51 PM
Post #14

Sounds good. I'll be here.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
mxdude914
post Sep 18 2005, 09:55 PM
Post #15

have you ever heard of that mullholland suspension thats on my var before? it handles good im just trying to figure out if it is quality.
+Quote Post
North Bay 914
post Sep 18 2005, 10:06 PM
Post #16

QUOTE (mxdude914 @ Sep 18 2005, 07:55 PM)
have you ever heard of that mullholland suspension thats on my var before? it handles good im just trying to figure out if it is quality.

Have not, it reminded me of the Bilstein Sport with the adjustable spring perch. Looked to be of quality manufacture. I would use them, I like the adjustable ride hieght. Chances are good they were made by someone else, then marketed by that name. I have a set like that here, they are red, but say made in Mexico, and have fully adjustable spring perches...
+Quote Post
porschecb
post Sep 18 2005, 10:06 PM
Post #17

Member No.: 2,529
Region Association: None

Thanks for all who showed up today! A great time for sure. You guy's are welcome anytime!!!!!!!!! One of the best days ever talking about 914's!!!!!!!! Martin you are something else!!! Talk to you soon.
+Quote Post
North Bay 914
post Sep 18 2005, 10:13 PM
Post #18

QUOTE (porschecb @ Sep 18 2005, 08:06 PM)
One of the best days ever talking about 914's!!!!!!!!  Martin you are something else!!! Talk to you soon.

Thanks my friend, I will take that as a compliement,,,lol. I had a great time today, I love swap meets and talking PORSCHE. Everyone I met today was great. Thanks for making us welcome at your house. I hope you all can come here for a 914 gathering of some sort. I would like to do something in return for your hospitality.
+Quote Post
Tobra
post Sep 18 2005, 10:39 PM
Post #19

If I had been there when you took your pic, you probably could have seen the carcass of my dented, no hot startin' hulk

What does porschecb stand for anyway; thanks for opening your home, glad you liked the ribs, they fall off the bone. That is a top secret recipe, I could tell you how to make them, but then I would have to kill you.
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Sep 18 2005, 11:30 PM
Post #20

Apex killer!

Yup Martin is like having a "Stump Mr. 914 Wizard show" every time I talk to him. It is really great to have him to talk to about this car.

Michael, your car is Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the look of it. We have to get your battery tray situation sorted so you can come out and autocross it. You might want to come down Oct. 2nd. to Stockton. Major batch of 914 guys show up. They tear it up and leave the rest for the taildraggers and wasserpumpers...

Laura and Gary, I know your computer is down and you probably will not read this but you guys are a blast. I have heard legends about "car-girls" but I thought it was just urban legend until today.

Tobra and Geoff, too short a time but glad you came...

There actually was another couple at the Swap Meet that wanted to come too but had a prior engagement. One a shop teacher at El Camino High School and his wife a teacher as well. He has a monster 914 that he wants to get going and I hope he finds his way to 914Club...

Thanks to all for a great day... By the way, in the picture of Laura's car did you guys see that amazing Boxster in the background? Man was that a cool car..................... (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/wacko.gif)

Rob
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th May 2024 - 01:27 PM