Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Strip and dip a 914, geeked about new 914 3.0SC project
boxsterfan
post Aug 6 2003, 08:00 PM
Post #1

914's are kewl

Group: Members
Member No.: 791
Region Association: Northern California

Hey all. I am so geeked about my *new* 914 that arrived today. 1970 1.7L Adriatic Blue. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/boldblue.gif)

Although I know it can cost tons of money to restore a 914, I am seriously commited to it. I realize that I could sink $20,000 into this car and not even be able to sell it for 1/2 of that in 4-5 years. Money is an object, but I am *wealthy* to a degree and can afford it. Heck, we all know you can't take the money with you anyways. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

Anyways, I am one of those people that likes to do things right the first time. My goal for the project is to take the car apart and have it acid dipped, then galvanized and repainted original color (Adriatic Blue). I want to put the 78-83 SC Suspension on, 3.0L SC Motor with FI, bigger brakes and switch to a 901 side-shifter. The intended use will be street, show and maybe an occasional AutoX. Mostly it will be street and show.

Overall, the car is in good shape. There is some rust, but it does NOT have cancer. Does anyone in Phoenix have a recommendation for a body/paint shop with acid dip facilities? How about Scottsdale Paint and Body?

Any "documentary" web sites out there on those of you who have preceeded before me?

Thanks,

boxsterfan (probably should change my ID, but I think it is taken already.)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 01:06 AM