Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Handling
J P Stein
post Aug 8 2003, 01:39 AM
Post #21

Irrelevant old fart

Group: Members
Member No.: 45
Region Association: None

I'm told it still carries the wheel......but guys are prolly trying to psych me (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)....wouldn't surprise me none, tho. It's got just about the right amount of oversteer. Maybe it looks like a WOO sprinter....sideways & waving (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I'm hoping to get a good look from the pics/vids.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Brad Roberts
post Aug 8 2003, 01:40 AM
Post #22

914 Freak!

Member No.: 8

Did you watch it when the other guy drove it ??

B
+Quote Post
J P Stein
post Aug 8 2003, 01:45 AM
Post #23

Irrelevant old fart

2 other guys drove it.....but , nope, I was in the staging lanes directing traffic....the 9eleben guys love me talkin' drity at em ' in the staging lanes (IMG:style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif)
+Quote Post
J P Stein
post Aug 8 2003, 02:04 AM
Post #24

Irrelevant old fart

Hay, I forgot to tell youz guys.
On the 16 & 17 the last SCCA AXs are running.

I'm 2 points down of that effin' 240Z for the FP crown.
I haven't beat him in the dry yet.....pray for rain (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) . I can whip him like a dog in the street in the wet.
+Quote Post
URY914
post Aug 8 2003, 05:11 AM
Post #25

I built the lightest 914 in the history of mankind.
****************************************************************************************************

Member No.: 222

I stand corrected. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
It sounded from his post he wasn't running a front bar.

Paul
+Quote Post
Demick
post Aug 8 2003, 10:13 AM
Post #26

Ernie made me do it!

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 257

Here are my recommendations:

Wheels: As long as you are planning to convert to 5 lug, and the car is 90+% street driven, get 16x6 wheels and put 205/50-16 or 205/55-16 tires on it. The car will handle great, and you will thank yourself every day you drive the car on the freeway and don't have to do 4000 rpm to keep up with traffic. They also look better. If you get serious about competing in autocross or track events, then you'll be getting a second set of wheels with sticky tires anyway - and for those you will want 205/50-15. This will end up giving you the best of both worlds.

If you autocross, I would recommend the 19mm front sway bar with 140 lb rear springs. I think this softer setup helps for autocross unless the surface at your venue is very smooth, grippy, and consistent (but most places aren't).

For track, you will want to go stiffer, like 22mm front sway bar and 180 lbs rear springs. You'll also want to beef up your front torsion bars. But I'm no track expert - there are better people to take advise from for track setups.

But for autocross or track, read the rule books first, and figure out where you want to run, and then begin making changes. If you don't, you will kick yourself later.

Just my .02
Demick
+Quote Post
-P-
post Aug 8 2003, 12:35 PM
Post #27

P-Factor

Member No.: 873

QUOTE(Demick @ Aug 8 2003, 10:13 AM)
Here are my recommendations:

Wheels: As long as you are planning to convert to 5 lug, and the car is 90+% street driven, get 16x6 wheels and put 205/50-16 or 205/55-16 tires on it. The car will handle great, and you will thank yourself every day you drive the car on the freeway and don't have to do 4000 rpm to keep up with traffic. They also look better. If you get serious about competing in autocross or track events, then you'll be getting a second set of wheels with sticky tires anyway - and for those you will want 205/50-15. This will end up giving you the best of both worlds.

If you autocross, I would recommend the 19mm front sway bar with 140 lb rear springs. I think this softer setup helps for autocross unless the surface at your venue is very smooth, grippy, and consistent (but most places aren't).

For track, you will want to go stiffer, like 22mm front sway bar and 180 lbs rear springs. You'll also want to beef up your front torsion bars. But I'm no track expert - there are better people to take advise from for track setups.

But for autocross or track, read the rule books first, and figure out where you want to run, and then begin making changes. If you don't, you will kick yourself later.

Just my .02
Demick

Good info, thanks for sharing.
+Quote Post
J P Stein
post Aug 8 2003, 02:42 PM
Post #28

Irrelevant old fart

Got a look at the videos today. All 4 seem to be planted.....not that I really care. Our venues are rough. There has to be some compliance in the suspension...I worked hard at getting compliance out of the chassis.

My "winter project"(s) are gonna be revalving the skocks & maybe getting some weight off the car.....gotta weigh it first. Minimum weight is 2100 lbs for my class/engine size.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 12:18 AM