Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Another one bites the dust....., Not for the faint at heart
Bezerker420
post Oct 7 2005, 12:37 AM
Post #61

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,089

I would kill....

I almost murdered the 92 yr old lady that totaled my last car..........ALMOST...!

FUCK GRANDMAS!

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/unsure.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
sportlicherFahrer
post Oct 7 2005, 12:41 AM
Post #62

Nothing to see here.

Member No.: 3,945
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Holy crap! That is WAY to old to be on the road. I am so fed up with drivers around here that I am about to polish up on my german skills and move to europe.
+Quote Post
sportlicherFahrer
post Oct 7 2005, 11:15 PM
Post #63

Nothing to see here.

Talked with the ajduster again today. They want to give me $4600 INCLUDING tax and what not for a same condition teener! That is lower than a POOR CONDITION PRICE according to Excellence! I did all I could to keep from laughing at the guy, but I figure they are just feeling me out to see just how much I know about the value of these cars. He is gonna do more research and call me back about tuesday. He wont even consider any cars that I find for sale. Says that the reason that my car isnt worth that much is because the PO had JUST the exterior painted, not the whole car. So as far as he is concerned, I have a horrible paint job, which would bring down the value a lot.
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Oct 7 2005, 11:51 PM
Post #64

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

Did he agree to send his resource info to you? If he's not going to consider your resource info you at least need the opportunity to verify his sources are accurate and comparable.
+Quote Post
sportlicherFahrer
post Oct 8 2005, 03:19 AM
Post #65

Nothing to see here.

Ill ask him on Monday. Until then I will hunt for cars.
+Quote Post
Michael J
post Oct 8 2005, 09:43 AM
Post #66

Welcome to 2007

Member No.: 3,166

Jim,
I groaned all the way through this thread. I have come so close to the same on I-5 that it gives me goose bumps to think about it.

One source of value that the insurance co can not argue with is what ever source the Dept of Lic uses to charge excise tax when you buy a car. (remember that the Ins dude should be paying that) I was shocked when I bought my '72. An average condition car was $6500. only paid $2500 and it took 3 weeks to convince the state that I shouldn't pay tax on their book value.

Good Luck and just keep telling the adjuster "no" until your satisfied. You might ask your insurance co to help negotiate the deal. They should be happy to do it.
+Quote Post
GWN7
post Oct 8 2005, 01:20 PM
Post #67

King of Road Trips

Member No.: 56
Region Association: Northstar Region

Copy the Excelence values for him and copy the Hemmings Motor ads like this one:

( $19,500 1976 Porsche 914-4 Mequon, WI
Vehicles: PORSCHE: 1976 914-4 Malega Red/Blk.2.0L All original (including paint) rust free; 36k miles; finest original anywhere;needs nothing; go to www.memory-motors.com for more info. $19,500 Contact: -8622, WI)

Put together a list of the cars and where you saw the ad.

Give him a copy of the ads and tell him to get real with his offer........

When their bill for the rental car starts to mount up they will want to cut a cheque. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/wink.gif)
+Quote Post
sportlicherFahrer
post Oct 14 2005, 10:50 AM
Post #68

Nothing to see here.

UPDATE!

The adjuster tried to look up vehicles for sale using his company's auto sourcing program. It is supposed to find cars in MY area. The ONLY car it found was over in Virginia going for $3800, and was in worse condition than my car BY HIS WORDS. So then he tells me to "go ahead and fax me that source that you have for values." So I fax him the whole article on 914's from Excellence. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif) He says that there is a problem with the rental company, but I think his company is pissed that they have to pay extra for me being under 21. Should have some more interesting news later today.....back to the rental car until then! (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/burnout.gif) Too bad I didnt get that extra coverage (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/happy11.gif)
+Quote Post
horizontally-opposed
post Oct 14 2005, 11:13 AM
Post #69

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,058
Region Association: None

FWIW, hit him with some of the parts prices on a teener. I know that probably shouldn't work, but it seemed to when State Farm (other driver's insurance) tried to total my car and cut me a $3000 check back when I got rear-ended in 1995. I think my angle was to show that nice 914s were worth more than that in parts alone.

"Oh, don't worry...we'll just total your car for you and get you a check today!" smiled the red-bee-hived State Farm lady behind the counter. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/ar15.gif) (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/ar15.gif)

That's when I went NUTS and pulled out an Automotion catalog with parts prices for the rear bumper, a taillight, and other bits...then gave him the number for EASY and Partsheaven. Had to fight them for a while, but got a check for $3500 to effect the repairs eventually.

pete
+Quote Post

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd May 2024 - 02:24 AM