Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> (UN)bypassing a fuel pump relay.., going from Carbs to FI.
DougC
post Oct 19 2005, 09:24 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,307

PO of my car ('73 w/D-jet) had installed carbs and had the fuel pump under the gas tank. The FP was wired directly to the #8 fuse on the panel, and the ground attached at some point above the fuse panel I believe. Anyway I want to go back to having the FP run through the relay on the board in the engine compartment since I'll be using fuel injection. So I disconnected the wire going to #8 fuse (+ FP wire) and made a connecting wire to the Black/Red wire at the front right hand side of the engine compartment which was originally used for the FP. This didn't work to energize the FP at all, nothing when I turned the key and I'm not sure why. Can anyone tell me what I'm missing? There is a FP relay in the board that I believe is good.

Doug C
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 03:27 PM