Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tail Pipe suggestions please.., have to cut my 916 bumper.
DougC
post Oct 26 2005, 11:06 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,307

I bought a damaged Dansk stainless muffler for the six conversion and need to replace the tailpipe. Apparently an engine was dropped while the muffler was still attached and the tailpipe was crushed beyond use. So I cut the mangled pipe off and went ahead and mounted it up under my 916 rear bunper. I really like the look of not having a tailpipe with this particular bumper because it's so smooth without any cutouts, simple look. But I'll need a tailpipe for inspection so what are my options? I guess I'll cut a half circle in the bottom of the 916 bumper...what was the configuration that the 916s used?

Doug C
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ClayPerrine
post Oct 26 2005, 11:39 AM
Post #2

Life's been good to me so far.....

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,143
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

If you don't want to cut the valence, put a tailpipe on that comes out below the valence. Some tubing from FLAPS could be welded up to clear it with no problem.

BTW... what did you find on the fuel pump?
+Quote Post
Aaron Cox
post Oct 26 2005, 11:40 AM
Post #3

Professional Lawn Dart

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 219
Region Association: Southern California

aim the tip down.

and a 916 had a porthole
+Quote Post
DougC
post Oct 26 2005, 12:37 PM
Post #4

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,307

Clay - I put the test light on my fuel pump (aligator clip on the + term, pointy tip on the - term.) per your recommendation and it illuminated with the key on, so the pump was bad. These things are $300 or some rediculous price but I landed a brand new one on ebay for $57 shipped (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/aktion035.gif) , just finished the transaction. Did I mention that I got the wire for the FP relay repaired at the 14 pin connector, but pump is still wired direct...that wouldn't have caused my recent problem would it?

Aaron - thanks for the info, I need to search for an (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/bootyshake.gif) end picture of the 916. So will I need to get stainless tubing or will any steel weld to the stainless muffler? I know that may seem like a dumb question but I've never welded. I hope to get whatever I need at the FLAPS and mock up and mark everything I want welded, cut the bumper - then take it all to a welder. Are chrome tips concidered too ricey? mmmmm?

Doug C
+Quote Post
ClayPerrine
post Oct 26 2005, 12:42 PM
Post #5

Life's been good to me so far.....

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,143
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

QUOTE (DougC @ Oct 26 2005, 12:37 PM)
Clay - I put the test light on my fuel pump (aligator clip on the + term, pointy tip on the - term.) per your recommendation and it illuminated with the key on, so the pump was bad. These things are $300 or some rediculous price but I landed a brand new one on ebay for $57 shipped (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/aktion035.gif) , just finished the transaction. Did I mention that I got the wire for the FP relay repaired at the 14 pin connector, but pump is still wired direct...that wouldn't have caused my recent problem would it?

Aaron - thanks for the info, I need to search for an (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/bootyshake.gif) end picture of the 916. So will I need to get stainless tubing or will any steel weld to the stainless muffler? I know that may seem like a dumb question but I've never welded. I hope to get whatever I need at the FLAPS and mock up and mark everything I want welded, cut the bumper - then take it all to a welder. Are chrome tips concidered too ricey? mmmmm?

Doug C

The fuel pump wire that I suggested you fix would not have had any connection to the existing fuel pump wiring. So that wasn't it. It was just the fuel pump's time to go. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/sad.gif)

I have a welder if you want to weld up the exhaust. And it doesn't have to be stainless either.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 01:23 AM