Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 914 For Sale Info Wanted - Newbie, 914 For Sale Info Wanted - Newbie
JeffBowlsby
post Nov 2 2005, 10:28 PM
Post #21

914 Wiring Harnesses

Group: Members
Member No.: 104
Region Association: None

DOUG! I have been looking for you buddy! Welcome to the 914Club. Thanks to Andy for directing me to this thread. I hope you have had the opportunity to review the 914 LE website and Registry for any information you seek.

Your LE is on the 914 LE Registry all right, one of the long-lost LE cars. Its an early VIN LE at that. One more has now been located. Dave Pateman must have found it a long time ago, because I have no other information on it other than the VIN.

914 LE cars are pretty rare and yours seems to be in excellent condition. As others have pointed out, the value of your car is largely a function of authenticity and condition, and who is looking for one at any one point in time. I may know someone interested in purchasing it if it is for sale. I wouldn't be too concerned about the rear reflector and painted trim, those can be reversed easily enough. Orignal paint is only original once...far more important.

Doug please email me off list and tell me more details, I have a few questions to be able to help you further:

What is your contact information?
What city are you in?
What are the numbers from the front and rear drivers door jamb labels?
Do you have a Certificate of Authenticity or any original paperwork like the window sticker or dealer papers?
Can you email me more photos showing its condition and details?

bowlsby@sbcglobal.net

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
JeffBowlsby
post Nov 2 2005, 10:38 PM
Post #22

914 Wiring Harnesses

Nothing personally against "The Asterisk Guy" but not only is he not a member here any longer, his negative stripes are not accurate reproductions of the original side stripes. While some may like his custom side stripe design, the stripe width and lettering proportions are not accurate.

I have a source which can supply the correct yellow side stripes for anyone who cares that they are correct for an LE car.
+Quote Post
Sanyata
post Nov 2 2005, 11:15 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 5,056

BOWLSBY, et al:

Thanks for all the info, I got quite the instant education!

I have to check out for the nite. I'll check back tomorrow for updates.

CIAO !!!

Doug
+Quote Post
lapuwali
post Nov 3 2005, 12:00 AM
Post #24

Not another one!

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,743

As others have said, pricing data is hard to come by. The annual guide in Excellence came out recently for 914s, and there was a vigorous "discussion" about the accuracy of the figures. As for the LE, there's really not enough data to really say definitively if they're worth much more than a non-LE. Original cars are always worth more than modified cars, and I'd strongly suspect that a genuine LE would really only be worth a significant amount over run of the mill prices if it was still fairly original. The only differences were paint, after all.

Geography also plays a big part. In California, 914s tend to be worth a lot less than in, say, Missouri, primarily because there are so many reasonably rust-free cars still here. A decent drivable example can be had here for as little as $2K, and a nice driver might only fetch $5K.
+Quote Post
StratPlayer
post Nov 3 2005, 11:42 AM
Post #25

StratPlayer

Member No.: 27
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Bowlsby, was talking to my mechanic yesterday, he was telling me of a women in wyoming that has an orginal LE she's had it since day one. I was wondering if you knew of the car, I will try to get more info on the car, who owns it and where in wyoming its located.. He told me the car was mint. I'll see what I can find out for you on this car.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
JeffBowlsby
post Nov 3 2005, 02:25 PM
Post #26

914 Wiring Harnesses

Strat...I dont know of that WY car...more info pleez...
+Quote Post
davep
post Nov 3 2005, 03:51 PM
Post #27

914 Historian

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,244
Region Association: Canada

The info I have on the car is from a sale ad in Panorama in 1993. It listed a 'Deemes Riddle' as the seller.

Dave
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th May 2024 - 11:39 AM