Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Getting ready to start, but need to move the car sideways...
Mike Pearson
post Aug 16 2003, 06:50 PM
Post #1

I *am * in shape; ROUND is a shape!

Group: Members
Member No.: 876

OK, I'm about ready to move the car over to where I can actually drop the engine/tranny and start work on it, but it's been sitting in the same spot for 7 years now. The rear wheels have sunk into the mud a bit (not too bad...just created a little trough). I put it up on a jack and made sure the rears turn (the brakes aren't locked/frozen). Unfortunately, where it's sitting is on a little uphill section. I need to turn it 90 degrees. The easiest way, where it's sitting, would be to pick up the front end and walk it over about 8 feet. Yeah, right...I don't think *that* going to happen...we have maybe 3 people that can help.

I was looking, and we have a large Douglas fir tree. I was thinking that we may be able to tie a tow strap to the front A-arm, pass it around the tree, and use the Subaru Outback to pull the front end around. This would be moving it in an arc, turning the car about 45 degrees to where we could actually push it to roll it into place.

If the engine hadn't gotten water into it I would just use the starter motor to help move it, but it's in a rather tight spot. How much (potential) damage would we do by dragging the front end sideways through the dirt? Any other ideas? We tried pushing it earlier, but the bumper on the Outback doesn't line up right, and we'd wind up doing all sorts of front-end damage to it if we tried to push the 'teener.

Lots of smart folks on this board...any ideas on how to turn a teener 90 degrees with the minimum of fuss and damage?

Thanks!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 08:32 AM