Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> brake project question, fitting 23mm MC and hard brake lines?
siverson
post Aug 17 2003, 02:24 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 654
Region Association: Southern California

Hi,

I'm getting my project closer to being on the road and have two brake questions for you guys:

1) Anyone have experience fitting a 23mm master cylinder? Everything seems to fit ok (i.e. used longer push rod, pedals bolt up nicely) except the steering rack is in the way of where the two plastic lines from the plastic reservoir connect. Do I need to make new lines, or am I doing something wrong?

2) Right now, I have the master cylinder, new calipers (993TT), rotors and just the one single hard brake lines that runs through the center tunnel installed (the car was striped for painting). The hard lines for the stock brakes obvious don't line up with the new calipers. What should I do:

a) Figure out how to bend new hard lines, and mimic what the factory had done. What type of shop can make custom brake lines (I'm in San Diego)?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif) Just run -3 braided brake line everywhere? This I know how to do, but I'm not sure if it's a good idea. Will long braided lines give a weird pedal feel?

c) Anything else?

Thanks for any tips,
Steve
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
siverson   brake project question   Aug 17 2003, 02:24 AM
ArtechnikA   ...   Aug 17 2003, 07:28 AM
KenH   You can replace the hard plastic lines with "Blue ...   Aug 17 2003, 09:43 AM
URY914   It is MUCH easier to install the hoses into the m/...   Aug 17 2003, 10:40 AM
siverson   Thanks for the info! -Steve   Aug 17 2003, 07:42 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 12:35 PM