Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Wiring hell, stumped-long.
Hammy
post Nov 22 2005, 06:40 PM
Post #1

mr. Wonderful

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,978
Region Association: Northern California

I'm having a lot more trouble with my lights than I thought I would.
First off, PO had the car wired so that the fogs would only turn on with brights. I see no point in that, but that's how it was wired. They had a black wire w/ blue stripe coming out from under the dash wiring harness area plugged into the #3 fuse. I think this black wire with blue stripe was supposed to go onto the fog light switch? There were only 2 wires plugged into the fog light switch when I found it.

I tried to do the fog light rewiring that required cutting a few wires, and piggybacking a few. I failed to get that to work.

So I bought a fog light flash kit and it's well made. I have it all wired up, and the fog lights were working with the ignition just like they're supposed to and would flash when I pulled the stalk back. My headlights would open up, but the headlights would NOT turn on, but parking lights would.

I turned the turn signal lever down to see if the signals would work and I lost my dash lights, and fog lights.

I know this has nothing to do with the fog light flasher kit, I'm not flaming on that. It's got to be the PO's wiring. I'm frusterated as hell. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/wacko.gif)

First off, what's supposed to go into the #3 fuse closest to the seat?

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 11:20 AM