Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> l-jet problems
driver_37_kart
post Dec 17 2005, 04:37 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,986

heres the problem, i was driving along running fine, until my negative battery terminal came loose off the wire, which then everything died on the car. i shoved the wire back in (i had no tools with me) and went for another mile or so until the wire fell off again, but this time when i hooked it back up it didn't start. (i don't know if the ground wire story has anything to do with my problem or if it is pure coincidental)

so where i am now is, it has spark and fuel in the rails. it starts off the cold start valve until it runs out of fuel and then it dies. i pulled off the terminals to the injectors and put a test light to it and it pulsates but the pulses appear to fade after it starts up. so its almost like the resistor block isn't energizing (i've never heard of one going out) so thats where i am now. everyone tells me to leave the fuel injection on but i'm sure losing me patience and money over it.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
driver_37_kart   l-jet problems   Dec 17 2005, 04:37 PM
ClayPerrine   Check the double relay. It supplies power to the i...   Dec 17 2005, 04:52 PM
r_towle   First off,clean and re-install a tight battery con...   Dec 17 2005, 04:59 PM
driver_37_kart   i replaced the dual relay and the fuel pressure is...   Dec 17 2005, 05:43 PM
jd74914   Did you some how ground the brain? My car would on...   Dec 17 2005, 05:46 PM
Dave Bell   What to you mean when you say that you, "switched ...   Dec 17 2005, 05:56 PM
driver_37_kart   i switched out the meter and got the same results,...   Dec 17 2005, 06:06 PM
markb   Doesn't disconnecting the battery while tha ca...   Dec 17 2005, 06:16 PM
Brando   Check all your fuses... Probable that in disconnec...   Dec 17 2005, 11:49 PM
ClayPerrine  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 06:35 AM