Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> GRRRRRRRR!!!
DJsRepS
post Dec 27 2005, 07:02 AM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,060

That guy only wishes he had one back in the 70's. And if he had it now it might be worth at least 3 times what he paid for it new. How many cars were running on the streets back then with an ECU running 4 injectors and all around disk brakes that could corner like the 914. I feel the 914 was way advanced in its day compaired to what the big three were pumping out to the public.

You can tell he dont know shit about the 914. On his other put down page he talking 73 and the 1.7L and goes on to say that the next year they bored it out to an 1.8 and ran fuel injection. I guess someone modified my 72/914 1.7L with fuel injection. That Dumb asss.

I think Jake should take him for a VW ride in an aircooled 4 bangger. Blow out the newest prototype motor he just finished. I bet that would change his tune about the cheap 914. What a DUMBA$$HOLE!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Dec 27 2005, 08:44 AM
Post #22

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Group: Members
Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

QUOTE (DJsRepS @ Dec 27 2005, 05:02 AM)
That guy only wishes he had one back in the 70's. And if he had it now it might be worth at least 3 times what he paid for it new. How many cars were running on the streets back then with an ECU running 4 injectors and all around disk brakes that could corner like the 914. I feel the 914 was way advanced in its day compaired to what the big three were pumping out to the public.

You can tell he dont know shit about the 914. On his other put down page he talking 73 and the 1.7L and goes on to say that the next year they bored it out to an 1.8 and ran fuel injection. I guess someone modified my 72/914 1.7L with fuel injection. That Dumb asss.

I think Jake should take him for a VW ride in an aircooled 4 bangger. Blow out the newest prototype motor he just finished. I bet that would change his tune about the cheap 914. What a DUMBA$$HOLE!

I don't agree the author is short on information. His research shows all the same old standard info that anyone would get from standing in a room full of old tail dragger owners. No disrespect intended. But he has some very positive ("pro")info. He just needs to update the source of his ("con") info.
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 06:37 PM