Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> first driving impression
lincoln
post Dec 28 2005, 06:28 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,253
Region Association: None

well i just HAD to drive er to work today ( rain and all ) to show the folks at work i wasnt kidding when i said i was gettin a porsche

its a tight little package ill say that, and when im all done with her shes gonna be one FUN ride!

steering takes gettin used to - is like instant - need softer shocks- like lee trevino says" you can feel it when you drive" well i felt bumps in the road i never knew were there

dual monza muffler has to go- all it really does sound is loud- any recommendations for a quieter more purring exhaust?and how can i quiet the fuel pump- sucker makes a bit of noise id rather eliminate if possible

anyways i got to work - smoke billowing from the front drivers tire- get out to check it and the rotor is glowing cherry red- so im guessing a sticky caliper at least - add new rotors and calipers to my wish list - suprisingly it didnt smoke the wheel bearing and didnt perma weld the rotor solid- it rolls easily still

about 9:30 break i go outside and rains pouring down- looks like ill also be adding a new targa top with good window seals to my list heheh . managed to waterproof the windows with some ever handy shop rags -til i get the new or good used top ive taken to calling her Das Boot- drove home ok, wheel got only warm - note* need to fix defroster *

told my daughter to grab her blowdryer and come outside , why she asks? so you can dry out the porsche ! heheh
think shes mad at me for some reason now:)

p.s. i was thinking it could really use a tilt wheel with self cancelling turn signals- anyone done this and can give suggestions on donor cars?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 12:17 PM