Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> True/False and Essay Test
Poor-sche Lover
post Dec 30 2005, 01:11 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,190

Here's a test for y'all.

Please state whether each statement is true or false. If the statement is false, please explain:

1. 94 mm cylinders can be bored out to 96 mm with no trouble.

2. 96 mm pistons/cylinders will fit on 2.0 Porsche heads with NO machining necessary on either heads or cylinders.

3. If exhaust studs are stripped, you can simply tap them out, and put slightly bigger ones in.

4. If the cylinders have worn to oval, so have the pistons.

In your own words, please answer the following questions.

5. What is crankshaft end play? On a related note, by holding onto the fan hub, I can wiggle the shaft in and out a little bit. Is this a bad thing?

6. What are the tolerances for ovality of cylinders?

I'm sure there will be a follow-up, but that's all I have for now. If you read my last post, "which heads?", (sorry, I don't know how to link) here's the deal. I have acquired a 3-stud 2.0 engine, with 96 mm pistons, but the insides are trash. I would like to put the 96 mm pistons in my 94 cylinders, bored out, with my 2.0 heads on my 1.7 case (with 2.0 crank). I know this really turns it into kind of a bastard, but I simply don't have the cash right now to send my heads to Len. Trust me, I would love to. Maybe I will next year. Anyway, I appreciate your comments.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 09:59 AM