Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Loud Knocking while Driving, Need Help
86motoman
post Jan 6 2006, 02:10 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,064

I need help. I am currently riding my bicycle to work and school until I get this fixed. That is if I can get this fixed.

1972 Porsche 914 with a 1.7

It does not make noise with the clutch in. whether sitting still or coasting, it makes no noise at all with the clutch in.

It is loudest when accelerating or decelerating. The noise is more of a low knock while accelerating, and the noise is more of a higher knock while decelerating.

The knock gets a little quieter while applying little power from the engine. That is when on a flat surface just maintaining speed it quiets up a little.

Sometimes, not all the time, the knock goes away, just for a few seconds, after taking a corner.

I wiggled the axles. This novice came to the conclusion they are still there.

I felt all of the allen bolts holding the axles against the transmission side and wheel side. They all Appeared to be snug. I emphasize the word appeared.

Any help is appreciated.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 05:06 AM