Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Rear traling arm/mount questions, racer-gurus, comment!
Brando
post Jan 8 2006, 02:33 PM
Post #1

BUY MY SPARE KIDNEY!!!

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,648
Region Association: Southern California

Friday I dropped the teener off for new tiars and 4-wheel alignment. My rear-right is having issues matching the rear-left. At first I thought I may have a bent trailing arm, but Aaron and I think that the part where the trailing arm meets up to the ears/mounts may be ovaled out on the passenger's side, in-board towards the engine.

My understanding is that you just weld it up and drill a new hole that's the right size, then have it re-aligned... But I don't want it to oval out again. Is there some sort of extra bracing or support I can put in there to prevent this... without having to swap my rear traling arm or machine it. Does anyone have some small bent pieces of 1/8" or ΒΌ" steel that I could weld right in there for extra support? I plan on dropping the engine within the next month or two for a 1911cc conversion and I've got a shitlist a mile long for "while i'm in there"... But this might be a major issue if left un-attended, and I would like to prevent it from happening again.

Any suggestions are apprecieated... except for cutting it out and going with a complete monoball/heim join setup with custom traling arms ... i plainly don't have the cash for that-- as enticing as it is. Thankyous!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Brando   Rear traling arm/mount questions   Jan 8 2006, 02:33 PM
Eric_Shea     Jan 8 2006, 03:20 PM
Aaron Cox   ...   Jan 8 2006, 03:22 PM
Travis Neff   I thought the washer trick was a problem as the ax...   Jan 8 2006, 03:46 PM
Aaron Cox     Jan 8 2006, 04:04 PM
pek771   As I just pulled out my trailing arms yesterday, c...   Jan 8 2006, 04:18 PM
wertygrog   omg pat i just looked through your signature link ...   Jan 8 2006, 05:07 PM
Eric_Shea  
  Jan 8 2006, 05:49 PM
Brando   ...   Jan 8 2006, 07:06 PM
Brando   Oh yeah, here are the specs on my alignment. BEFO...   Jan 8 2006, 07:19 PM
pek771   Ok, here's some pix of the inside of the suspe...   Jan 8 2006, 07:49 PM
pek771   That was a crappy picture. Maybe this one is bette...   Jan 8 2006, 07:51 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 09:38 AM