Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> To do a big 4 or a 2.0 D-jet
Mark Henry
post Feb 12 2003, 09:28 PM
Post #1

that's what I do!

Group: Members
Member No.: 26
Region Association: Canada

My wife and I both drive our teen, if anything she drives it more than I do. We both want more power, I really want a six, but that is at least 3 years away. The main points are I want a motor that is powerful but is smooth, gets OK mileage, can drive all day at 85-90 mph and isn’t embarrassed by ricers. I don’t want it to scare the shit out of the wife; (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) this one point I wonder if a six is too much. I only want an aircooled engine.

My teen has a perfectly running 1800 L-jet, it’s just a tad wimpy, but it only needs a couple of oil leaks fixed. I have 7-T4 cores, 2-2.0 and 1-1800 Porsche engines and 2-2.0, 1-1800 and 1-1700 van motors. I also have a set of 1800 heads with 42X38 valves and the 2-2.0 P motors are disassembled, cleaned and checked out good cores, no slugs though. The 2 d-jet systems are in baskets, but I think only one system will be any good, because of rust and a couple of missing parts. As far as a big 4 goes money isn’t really an issue and the machining and building is covered.

I was thinking about building a stock D-jet for a spare and hopping up the other 2.0, but really the 1800 L-jet can be the spare. So I’m either going to live with a 95hp d-jet or go with a 2056 or maybe a 2270 with either mega squirt or SDS PEFI (I don’t want carbs) One reason for not just going with the D-jet is the fact that I have no clue on it’s condition. They were running engines, back in 1985! One system is a ‘75 and the better one is a ‘74. The ’75 case is the better one and my car is a ’74.

Any thoughts, suggestions, recommendations, advice and/or even smart remarks appreciated. I’m still sitting on the fence with this engine, (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) no real rush, but I do want to jump on it someday! Thanks Mark.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 12:52 AM