Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> buying an 83 Sentra
lincoln
post Jan 14 2006, 09:53 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,253
Region Association: None

friend is selling me an 83 sentra that just needs a door replaced a new windshield and front fender repair

he got sideswiped in it years ago, non opped it to fix it but was unable to refit the new door he got for it- frame where hinges bolt up is a tad tweaked, which ive already figured out how to straighten

$200.00

is going to be my daughters car, only thing she doesnt like heheh is its a stick hehh e, but i figure once she learns to drive it shes gonna be closer to converting to a 914 heheh , for the fun factor alone
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Allan
post Jan 14 2006, 09:56 PM
Post #2

Teenerless Weenie

Member No.: 2,304
Region Association: Southern California

Fix the door and let her drive.

I hope I can find those kind of deals when my daughter is ready to get her license.

She is 11 and wants a freaking Lambo....
+Quote Post
lincoln
post Jan 14 2006, 09:59 PM
Post #3

yea i WAS gonna just let her have my 87 shadow but .well things happened to axe that

BTW, is it normal to want to get another teener before ive even gotten 1 all done up purdy?

cuz im gettin this urge to buy at least 1 more, maybe with the /6 or at least a 2.0/4

just doesnt seem like a 1.8 has nuff power for me lol- could be i got used to driving them 250-300hp mopars
+Quote Post
Dead Air
post Jan 14 2006, 10:53 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 2,042

how many miles on it?
I found an 86 chevy nova for my ex that only needed a carburator and rear wheel cylinder for $ 700 on ebay. 98,000 miles
Automatic with cassette (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
lincoln
post Jan 14 2006, 11:09 PM
Post #5

actually, i didnt bother looking at the milage- car was the friends parents car and was well taken care of, interior is very nice original, engine well is very clean , the friend selling it to us is a super nice guy , so im secure in knowing hes not just out to screw someone over on a bad car, he just has way too many autos and doesnt have time to actually advertise etc or work on em even

he has and old kharman ghia he tore apart years ago i keep tellin him we could get back together in a weekend, just saw it and its in a LOT of pieces lol, mainly cuz he was planning on restoring it using a convertable body instead of the coupe. convert bod is a tub and thats bout it heheh . told him he should just put the motor.trans back into his couple body thats all there and then if he still REALLY wants a drop top he should work on that one little at a time at his house , maybe 15 minutes a day after he gets home from work even, plus hed have the fun of driving his baby once again. he also has an older VW van, stopped driving it cuz it needs brakes. but once he saw my baby blue porsche he REALLY wants to get the ghia back on the road heheh

and if he does like i suggested, he should call my 2 younger bros, and another friend of ours, get it trailered to his house then we could probly STILL put it back together in a weekend heheh all he'd have to do is feed us. and we would all get a kick out of just helping him revive it
+Quote Post
Hybrid_Teener
post Jan 15 2006, 12:21 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 5,301

I would make sure the frame wasn't weakened too much by the accident..
+Quote Post
lincoln
post Jan 15 2006, 01:06 AM
Post #7

already checked it out on friday, its barely even bent in where the door hinges attach, friend isnt all that knowledgable about body work and stuff , i actually popped out the old door about half way what it was dented in just by pushing it with my hand . door window glass wasnt even scratched in the accident and the frame itself is still straight ( well as far as one can tell without a rotiserie anyways)

i can probly install the new door by leaving the bolts loose til i get it on then tighten them and have it align up the hinge area is only slightly out of square of what it should be and i already know how im going to set it straight . not a slide hammer easy but easy enuff for someone with a few hammers etc heheh
+Quote Post
Hybrid_Teener
post Jan 15 2006, 01:19 AM
Post #8

(IMG:http://www.heferito.com/image_folder/woodsentra2.jpg) (IMG:http://www.heferito.com/image_folder/fcefcec2-249.jpg)

is that it?

BTW: isn't this an (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/OT.gif) post? =P
+Quote Post
Hybrid_Teener
post Jan 15 2006, 01:42 AM
Post #9

yanno.. I would reccomend doing the timing belt, head gasket, water pump.. just so it doesn't blow up after sitting so long..

I couldn't imagine if that happened to my first car.
+Quote Post
lincoln
post Jan 15 2006, 01:43 AM
Post #10

lol thats not it heheh but im not sure if it is OT or not- see by getting my daughter this car with a stick im round about getting her used to the whole manual trans idea so i can justify getting another 914 heh
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 02:16 PM