Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> trying to get car driving.... and the electrical, gremlins come out. help me before i kill
Aaron Cox
post Jan 16 2006, 07:26 PM
Post #21

Professional Lawn Dart

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 219
Region Association: Southern California

Preface: Before car was taken apart, it ran great. no electrical issues at all..... perfect.

what changed:
*rear defroster window and harness installed along with switch and relay (on relay board in engine compartment)
*New foglights added. New + wire from battery to new relay, and wiring to lights. lights not installed yet.
*Both stock fogs and hella rally lights had the demick fog light mod done, where they can run independantly of headlights.
* 904 tri combo gauge installed.... new Pressure wire ran from engine bay.

Whats not working.
Oil Pressure idiot light (but the gauge works (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/huh.gif))
key does not engage starter. turn key, relays click, no dice. i can manually arc it with a screwdriver just fine. this tells me the solenoid is fine.
i ran a set of jumpercables directly from NEG batt terminal to starter stud on trans, and it didnt change it. This reluctantly conludes that something on the switched + side of things is mesed up.......
Fogs/Headlights. headlights come up. but do not light. no blown fuse. fog switch is energized, but lights dont work.......

help me before i kill myself....or my car. im dangerous in a pissed off state of mind (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 11:34 PM