Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> OT: Cayman and CGT, Love those mid-engine cars
mikelsr
post Jan 22 2006, 08:35 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,390
Region Association: Southwest Region

I know this may be old hat (or boring) for some of you but...

My wife and I took a road trip to Suds in Pekin IL to take a look at the Cayman (love a mid-engine car!). Not only did we get to see the Cayman but they also had a CGT there.

I think that the Cayman is much better looking in person than in the pictures I may have said this before). My wife doesn't like the roof line and likes the Boxster better. She told me that if I bought another Porsche the Boxster was her's. We didn't get to spend much time as they were closing in 20 minutes. We are going to plan another trip over to get a test drive of the Cayman and the Cayenne. We are needing to replace the Durango and my wife is warming up to the Cayenne. She also said that she will hold off judgement on the Cayman until she sees a different color (they had two black ones).

As I said earlier they also had a CGT, battery tender and all. I had seen one at Isringhausen in Springfield IL but I'll never give up a chance to take another look at one. There was a big "DO NOT TOUCH" sign on it but I asked the saleman if I could open the door to get a better look. He told me "Yes, but watch where you put your feet as the sill guards were around $8000 each!" Well I am not one to put off taking a seat behind the wheel of the CGT so I got in.

It was amazing. It felt like the interior had been designed just for me. It just felt right. The pedals, the steering wheel, the shifter, the seat, everything was just right. I didn't bring my camera but my wife took a phone photo of me in it (sorry about the quality of it). Some of us get excited easily...

(IMG:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v41/mikelsr/garage/mike-in-cgt-1.jpg)

(IMG:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v41/mikelsr/garage/mike-in-cgt-3.jpg)

Don't you just love mid-engine cars! (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/piratenanner.gif)

For those of you on PPBB, this is a cross-post.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
mikelsr   OT: Cayman and CGT   Jan 22 2006, 08:35 PM
nynone4   Mike - you were made for that car. When you pick i...   Jan 23 2006, 07:21 AM
Rockaria   <...   Jan 23 2006, 09:21 AM
mikelsr   <...   Jan 23 2006, 10:48 AM
nynone4   No - didn't make it over for the bash - but I ...   Jan 23 2006, 11:42 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 12:19 PM