Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> New in nashville, need advice and mechanic reccomendations
Rambling Tom
post Jan 26 2006, 10:00 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,481

I just bought a '73 2.0 from a guy named alan lecroix, who incidentally is the sculptor who did everythhing from athena in the parthenon to the musica statue in the rotary north of music row, and just about everything else in nashville. Well his artisitic focus and a new child unfortunately kept him from investing in his 4 914's which he bought during a self described midlife of sorts. I just picked up one of his, and have experience with cars, including time as ajiffy lube employee and 12 credit hours at a community college in auto tech while I shady tree mechaniced (sp?) while getting my BA,but am looking for a pro to keep me from having to go through the frustration I once knew. It is a green '73 2.0, but he seems to have let it sit for the recent 4 years or so as his life got busier (I'm trying to be diplomatic, but I guess a car on some level is a comodity not a child, but it is a functional fixer upper, which I guess is completly fair, and I bought with full knowledge, so the guy was fair. Just the oil was completely black today, but it was the first thing he told me to do. He was fair, and perhaps a good guy.)
If anyone in the nashville area, where I am staying for a little while has any reccomendations on parts or reliable volkswagon/porche mechanics who are competent yet reasonable, the old dilemma, I would love some reccomendations. Also paint shops, although I guess any reputable company will do. I need a variety of details taken care of, including electrical, which is beyond my skills unless I want to start remembering it all. I was told about bloodworth motor sports by alan, so if anyone can give me any additional beef on them I would be happy to hear about it. Also, I was told to stay clear of Automotive Atlanta by I guy who I was serendipitiously connected with, who gave me good info, and opened my eyes to a lot of stuff I have not thought about in a while by providing just a few tips.
So any Nashvillians or Nashvegans (I am supposed to be partying with jim lauderdale and sam bush tomorrow, so I know both parts of town) who can clue me in would make my day.
Thanks,
Rambling tom
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 01:02 AM