Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Megasquirt Progress, Main Board complete
yarin
post Feb 2 2006, 06:37 PM
Post #61

'14-X'in FOOL

Group: Members
Member No.: 693
Region Association: North East States

According to MS and other sources a long map tube is perfeclty OK. The only reason I could see for moving the map to the board is to avoid kinks in the hose. There is no delay or inaccuracies related to the length of the hose. Quote from the MS site.

Don't worry about how long your MAP sensor vacuum hose is. Intuitively it seems that shorter should be better. However, a few people have done tests to see how bad the effect of a long hose was on vacuum signal propagation. With a ~100 foot (~30 meters) coil of rubber tubing in between the MegaSquirt and the engine, the result was that no delay was apparent. This was with about a 10 millisecond resolution clock. The reason for this is that air has so little inertia that it moves very quickly in response to a vacuum (this is how we fill the cylinders, after all!).

After all, if Porsche used the same technique on their cars its good enough for me. (at least they did on my brother's 89' 944 turbo)

Exactly where is the stock firewall hole? Is it below the engine tin? Thanks
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
lapuwali
post Feb 2 2006, 06:39 PM
Post #62

Not another one!

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,743

Yes, it's next to where the shift linkage goes through. That rubber tube thing holds the stock harness.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th June 2024 - 12:57 PM