Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Distributor Repairs or how to make the, race car run much better
john rogers
post Feb 5 2006, 12:41 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 391

My race engine (2L six) has always had good power above 4K RPM but at idle and low RPMs it was terrible. We attributed this to the 906 cams and bigger ports in the heads making low end unusable. In the past several weeks I had my shop go over the car to get it ready for the upcoming race season and one one thing I wanted was to have the distributor pulled and put on a machine. It appears that there are not too many of those arround any longer but they found one and there were several things wrong that got fixed. The springs were way too weak so that full advance came in around 1800 RPM and the total advance was about 10 degrees too much so when at idle the timing was too far retarded actually. When things were corrected the engine starts better, actually idles now (at 1100 RPM) and returns to idle where it would not before. In a short ride down the street the engine felt better revving up through the RPM range but I had to be carefull as it has the stingers on, no mufflers. $$$$ well spent I think!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
john rogers   Distributor Repairs or how to make the   Feb 5 2006, 12:41 PM
Aaron Cox   very cool john!   Feb 5 2006, 12:42 PM
rudedude   Who did you find with the capability and knowledge...   Feb 5 2006, 12:54 PM
kwales   Aint it always something simple? I can't tell...   Feb 5 2006, 12:59 PM
brant   good news John! brant   Feb 5 2006, 01:10 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 06:44 PM