Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 1st time I drive my 914 and then I run, into Brad Robert's Uncle -- Ben
Rotary'14
post Feb 6 2006, 01:01 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,977

We've had some very nice weather here in So Cal, and I don't give a crap about football. It seems like a nice day to take the car out for a test drive. I haven't driven the car for months and it seems I'm always messing with the carbs,, but enough excuses already,, I finally get out to driving.

My car is running surprisingly smooth so I guess the last time I adjusted the carbs I might have hit the magic spot. At the signal light I even get a compliment at how nice my twin webers growl. I decide to visit an old buddy that needs some motivation with his 914.

When I get to my buddy's house, I convince him to uncover his 914 that's been hiding beneath a car cover since he moved. As we were uncovering the car, a friendly neighbor comes towards us and begins chatting with us about his nephew who loves 914s. He asks if I am active on the internet and then, if I've ever heard of his nephew,,, Brad Roberts!

Now I don't know Brad personally and I don't think I've ever met him, but I have scoured this site for info and more than once I've come across his posts and I'm quite familiar with his name. He sounds like a really nice fella, and his uncle is a really cool person too.

I was late returning home for dinner with the rest of the family because we chatted so long about 914s and hotrods. I have read that 914 people are a special bunch, and this story sort of adds wood to the fire.
Brad, your uncle Ben wants to build a V-8 914! fyi

Here's my 914 after a wash and a drive.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 05:10 PM