Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sunday Autocross, Seat weld broke during run, exciting
DonTraver
post Feb 6 2006, 09:52 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,461

Had a good time, my Kumho's got challenged for points, I was right, they were wrong, still only 2 points. On my warm up lap before timing, the left rear seat hinge broke, WTF. Anyway, went in to a hard left turn at speed, next thing I know, I'm leaning into the passenger side, lol. 36 year old weld broke between hinge and floor pan. So far, looks like the hinge is fine, just needs to be rewelded. But at least the other hinge didn't break too, so seat alignment to height adjustment is still good. So that finished the day for me, no timed runs.

That's the first time I've ever had anything break at the track, if that's the worst that happens, works for me.

Brer showed up, sent me a email later, think the bug bit him, his eyes lit up watching. lol Get ready for the empty racing wallet, right guys, lol.

Later, Don
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Joe Ricard
post Feb 6 2006, 10:40 AM
Post #2

CUMONIWANNARACEU

Member No.: 92

Kinda scary specially in a turn.

I just finished mounting my Sparco seats to the floor. four bolts each with big fender washers on each side. I had to cut out the big cross brace infront of the seats otherwise my knees would be near my chin. I can still see over the dash so not too low but several inches lower than stock.
+Quote Post
bernbomb914
post Feb 6 2006, 10:54 AM
Post #3

one of the oldest Farts on this board

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 36

There was a 3.6 there, boy it had power, when he got on it it would break loose and oversteer. very fast. there were 7-8 914s there. I stayed for the first practice runs and the 914s were very competive in times. San Diego POO has very long tract courses which favor the tail draggers

Bernie
+Quote Post
eeyore
post Feb 6 2006, 12:12 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 1,533
Region Association: None

Who challenged you on points, and what for-- width, compound or both?
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th May 2024 - 12:49 PM