Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Best 185/xx/15 tire with treadwear 140+, considering the 1.7 for the next AX
siverson
post Feb 6 2006, 11:45 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 654
Region Association: Southern California

Well, I had a good time at the SDR autocross this past Sunday, but I came to realize two things:

1. I need to get a lot more autox driving in. I think I'm utilizing my heavily modified 3.6 car to about 10% of its potential. Oh well, it's fun to smash the "go" pedal. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/smile.gif) The results aren't posted yet, but I don't think my best timed run of 1:15.00 is going to be very impressive for my car. Nine (my car) was ashamed to have me drive him home.

2. I always forget how much -waiting around- there are during autocrosses. Only 9 runs total (given the Super Bowl ?!?!), or about 13 minutes of driving, but I was there for 7 hours. Track days/weekends sure are a lot better seat time to waiting around ratio.

Anyways, it got me thinking - maybe it would be fun to enter both of my 914s next time. Do they care if you do? (seems like it would be quite an advantage to be able to learn the course more).

My 914 1.7 is dead stock with no sways, original shocks (really, only 27k miles on the car), and 165 tires. I have another set of wheels already with 185/65/15 tires on it, but the treadwear is 400 or so. Having said that, and not like I'm really going to go out and buy a set of new tires to autox the 1.7, but what would be the best tire in the AS/S class? They allow a "stock" tire up to 185 wide with a treadwear no less than 140.

http://www.pcasdr.org/img/2006/Rules/Drivi...Booklet2006.htm

-Steve
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 11:38 PM