Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Damn Porsche Dealer, They broke something
dralf
post Feb 7 2006, 07:30 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,597

I am a bit upset with the local Dayton Porsche dealer. Last fall I spent $500 to get the car aligned. They did little to get it back into specs and told me to take it to a body shop if I wanted the car to be closer to factory tolerances. I thought OK, good enough for me since I did get a nice smile from their attractive receptionist.

Well, now that I have been under the car working on the alternator something catches my eye. On the drivers side trailing arm the clowns broke off a bolt ! I have enclosed a pic of the crime. My frustration is that months have passed since the dealer worked on it and so it would be their word against mine. I also know they would not hesitate in telling me some lie for they stiffed a third party who initially purchased the shim pack to do this alignment.

My problem now is what do I do to repair the damage ? I have only had bad luck with EZ-Outs. They break off and then you have a piece of harden steel it the way. Any suggestions ? I am reluctant to take the other two bolts out for I suspect that will alter my expensive alignment.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 12:39 AM