Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Fuel pump relocation, Yes I did a search
5dogs
post Feb 9 2006, 11:09 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,784

I searched threads on relocating the fuel pump to the front. My question(s) is/are this: Is it even necessary for carbs? I have a facet. And, where is a good place to get 12v from without having to run the current wire all the way up to the front. I did find good pics of where to mount the pump if it comes down to it. Thanks
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 1)
r_towle
post Feb 9 2006, 11:33 PM
Post #2

Custom Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 124
Region Association: North East States

I tapped right into the wiring in the engine bay, and ran the two wires right up front to the new location.

With a carbed car, you can do that or get 12 switched power right out of the fuse panel...there are extra spades on the back of it all ready to go.

I think there is a pretty decent amount of room underneath the gas tank on the passenger side.

I mounted my FI pump in the front trunk, with the filter and everything...I can see it, I can change/clean my filter anytime I want without getting on the ground..

But, to each his own.

Rich
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 01:02 AM