Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Into the void I go.., just wondering
partsman
post Feb 10 2006, 08:45 PM
Post #1

forever hooked

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,726
Region Association: North East States

I finally started working on my car tonight, and I pulled the heat exchangers off with the engine in the car. While I was looking up at the engine I noticed that the exhaust valves (stems and heads) are completely chalk white.... (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/unsure.gif) now I know I'm going to open myself up here, but what causes this? Is it bad (I think it's not good, but I'm not sure)? I know enough to get myself in trouble, but I've never really gone deep into an egine before. I did take the engine out once before, years ago, but this car has just been a weekend car, so I've not really done much to the motor. I know pictures would be helpful, and I hope to shoot some tomorrow. The car runs fine, idles nicely, and seems to be in good tune, but this has me worried. Anyone have any ideas?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
partsman   Into the void I go..   Feb 10 2006, 08:45 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 05:48 PM