Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Strongest 2316cc "Annihilator" ever!, This customer got more than he paid for!
Jake Raby
post Feb 15 2006, 09:02 PM
Post #21

Engine Surgeon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,095
Region Association: South East States

As a result of a few things Len and I have been playing with the HP and troque levels of pretty much all my engines have been increasing recently.

One of the most recent cases of this was a 914 customer who is local to us that came to me with a 2.0 engine with Mark Stephens heads. Len had to do a lot of work to overcome what MSHP had done to the heads and one of the things he did was the only way the heads could be saved, it was also something he had been wanting to try for quite some time, so the change was employed on this engine.

Well, two Fridays ago the customer came up for the final dyno pulls and witnessed the engine make 202HP ON PUMP GAS WITH 9.5:1 CR! This engine was built from my standard "Annihilator" base engine that typically makes in the low 180s for HP and about 170 on torque fully optimized- this engine made 183HP ON THE FIRST PULL WITH DEFAULT SETTINGS!

After a few tweeks of the Mallory and a re-jet the engine made 202HP at only 6,000 RPM and 183 lb/ft of torque at 4,000 RPM! This engine typically needs to rev to 7, 000 RPM to make 180 HP, not the case here! The crazy part is this engine made 167 lb/ft of torque at only 3,000 RPM- The torque curve is so flat that it almost looks artificial!

Needless to say my customer was astonished as he paid for 180 ponies, but got the added power at no extra charge....

When I called Len and told him what the engine had done, he was not suprised that much, and this same change is standard equipment on the "New generation" cylinder heads that we are presently working with to complete development of. These heads are going to change a ton, because we are attaining more power for the SAME cost as before AND larger engines (2563 and 2615) will now be CHEAPER than before!

Just last week I used the very first set of these production versions of the heads on a 2270 I built for the Hot VWs build up series and that engine also made more Torque and HP than any 2270 ever has before! It did this with only 9.55:1 CR as well, on pump gas with no crazy parts and this engine made peak power @ 5,500 RPM, meaning there is no need to twist the engine to insane levels to get the power, and the whole engine loves that!

The best part is that VERY SOON ALL my engines and engine kits will incorporate these "New Generation" heads as standard equipment, and the prices are not moving a bit!

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Jake Raby   Strongest 2316cc "Annihilator" ever!   Feb 15 2006, 09:02 PM
Brian Mifsud   http://www.914world.com/b...   Feb 15 2006, 09:10 PM
Jake Raby   I was offered a job at Briggs 7 years ago..... As...   Feb 15 2006, 09:15 PM
olav   What if you twist it to insane levels?   Feb 15 2006, 09:28 PM
Rob Ways   Very cool. You've got a great job!! Ke...   Feb 15 2006, 09:34 PM
Jake Raby     Feb 15 2006, 09:39 PM
craig downs   Wow This is good news. My car will be ready in the...   Feb 15 2006, 09:40 PM
thesey914   http://www.914world.com/bbs2...   Feb 16 2006, 06:38 AM
Pugbug   Jake...You have me re-thinking my plans for a Suby...   Feb 16 2006, 08:18 AM
olav     Feb 16 2006, 03:43 PM
Mark Henry   Jake my guy bailed on the new heads for now

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 10:38 PM