Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OT-Can anyone profide a home for Kya, I can't provide what she needs
Howard
post Feb 24 2006, 12:42 PM
Post #21

Incontin(g)ent Member

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 943
Region Association: None

Hold everything. Think I have a buyer. I wanted to take her home from Joe's remember? Great Puppy!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
DonTraver
post Feb 26 2006, 09:04 AM
Post #22

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,461

Kya and I drove up to Bakersfield yesterday to visit Allen (headrage) and his family. Unfortunetly, it didn't work out. Allen's wife thought Kya was gonna be a smaller dog, Kya will probably grow another 3-4 inches, and his daughter wasn't ready to have the responsibility of a dog. I know what usually happens is the parents end up taking care of the pet. Maybe when she's older she'll be ready, just not now. Nice day for a road trip and to play with the magellan nav thingy, took us right to Allen's front door. Thanks for the offer Allen, I appreciate it.

Anyway, we're still looking for a new home for Kya. Just read your post Howard, I'll pm you. Anyone else?

Thanks Guys, Don

This post has been edited by DonTraver: Feb 26 2006, 09:49 AM
+Quote Post
Allan
post Feb 26 2006, 11:01 AM
Post #23

Teenerless Weenie

Member No.: 2,304
Region Association: Southern California

Just wanted to let everybody know that Kya is one of the nicest dogs anyone could have. She has a really fun personality and is very friendly.

She is already way ahead when it comes to training. House broken, sits, stays and walks well.

I think my daughter got cold feet when she was actually faced with the reality of the responsibility that's required in caring for her.

I really appreciate Don for coming all this way to make sure she was going to a good home. It shows how much he really cares for her.

It would have been nice if it would have worked out.

On the bright side, I did get to see Dons RS rocket for the first time. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/drooley.gif)

Thanks again Don.
+Quote Post
DonTraver
post Feb 26 2006, 09:09 PM
Post #24

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/icon_bump.gif)
+Quote Post
gregrobbins
post Feb 26 2006, 10:58 PM
Post #25

Member: Team NARP

Member No.: 1,844
Region Association: Southwest Region

I am impressed with how you are handling this Don. Sounds like a great dog, wish we had room. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/sad.gif)

Deserves another bump.
+Quote Post
sean_v8_914
post Feb 27 2006, 12:19 AM
Post #26

Chingon 601

Member No.: 3,541

I wonder what Fred would think of her. Is she fixed? I have been contemplating getting him a play buddy. Fred is an austrailian cattle dog AKA queensland heeler. he is very friendly but deffinitly alpha asertive. he is a 60 lbs ball of energy. I live on a 1/3 acre lot and his pen is 65 ft x 17 ft. Fred is also the type of dog that follows me everywhere.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
sean_v8_914
post Feb 27 2006, 12:22 AM
Post #27

Chingon 601

Member No.: 3,541

he is always in teh garage with me. I wonder if they would both hang out in there

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Mueller
post Feb 27 2006, 12:28 AM
Post #28

914 Freak!

Member No.: 87

I'll ask my HR director if she would be interested...she currently has a Weimaraner named "Emma" that is getting up there in age.....maybe I'll see Kya at work (dot.com business that lets us bring our dogs to work once in a while)
+Quote Post
DonTraver
post Feb 27 2006, 09:53 AM
Post #29

Kya follow me around the house too, she does not bite, and she has not been spayed. I will get her spayed if her new owner wants her to be. That's not a big deal.

She plays very well with other dogs at the park.

One of the reasons I got Kya was my neighbor Toni, lives next door, has Kya's sister. Part of the deal was that Kya and Cassie would get to play together in her backyard. Toni only let them play together 1-2 times, she says they play too hard, ??? I told her, that they are puppies, they always play hard, didn't make any difference, she still won't let them play together, she just freaks out. Both Kya and Cassie know that the other one is there, we share a fence. I know that that's hard on them both, but Toni won't change her mind, trust me, I've tried.

Sean, would you be willing to have the two meet, I could bring her over any time, pick up the foot cushion too. I'm willing to do what evers needed to find her a good home.

Thanks Guys, Don
+Quote Post
SoCal Driver
post Feb 27 2006, 03:02 PM
Post #30

Member No.: 5,549

Don good luck finding a new home for her, they are wounderful dogs and make great companion. They are all ways by your side and waiting to do things with you and for you. Weims are beautiful dogs. I have a blue weim myself, he's going on 3 in june and he still has energy like he did as a pup. It's hard on them when they dont have lots of room to roam and play. If they dont get out and exercise enough or you dont play with them all their pent up engery turns into destructive energy. I know how you feel Don, I almost had to let Elijah go and I dont know if I could have.

(IMG:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v441/SoCalDriver/random/IMG_4470.jpg)
2.5 yo, 75lbs and about 26-28" tall at the sholders. Never would have thought, when I got him, that he almost died of virul pneumonia at 4 mo
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Feb 27 2006, 04:12 PM
Post #31

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

similar breed to my vizsla (eva, smartest dog i've ever seen) ,and i'm sure the temperment is close. my guess is this breed will respond well obidience training. owners do too. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/wink.gif) eva was kind of a (fun) terror when she was young. the chewing biz is a boredom thing and there are ways around that. but like my dog, they will need room. you'll miss her when she's gone.

k
+Quote Post
DonTraver
post Feb 27 2006, 06:26 PM
Post #32

I know I will miss her, letting her go isn't easy at all. But I'm trying to do what's right for Kya. Sometimes doing the right thing isn't the easiest thing. This falls in that catogory.

Later, Don
+Quote Post
DonTraver
post Mar 4 2006, 06:46 PM
Post #33

Kya is in a new home. A couple in OC who have had Wiems before. Worked perfectly, great match. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/smilie_pokal.gif)

Don
+Quote Post
Grimstead
post Mar 4 2006, 07:04 PM
Post #34

Cheaky Monkey

Member No.: 3,789
Region Association: Southern California

Glad to see it worked out well (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/clap56.gif)
+Quote Post
tdgray
post Mar 4 2006, 07:38 PM
Post #35

Thank God Nemo is not here to see this

Member No.: 984

Good deal Don...

Dogs are gods angels on earth... mans best friend.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 03:15 PM