Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> wiring harness info wanted, discussion requested
type47
post Feb 25 2006, 03:21 PM
Post #1

Viermeister

Group: Members
Member No.: 994
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

i am checking the harnesses for a 73-74 2.0L d-jet FI for condition and continuity. i have the harness from the ECU checked out mostly thanks to the diagram on page 128 in the Lash/(Clymer) manual. the harness i need info on is the harness with the 12 pin connector to the relay board on one end; connections to the back up lights, oil pressure switch and a large square connector on the other end.

specifically, i'd really like wire colors and pin numbers and devices connected to but also could use the answers to a few questions. sorry, the harness was removed along time ago and i have an L-jet and a carbed car, so i can't go out to the cars to answer my own questions.

1) what does the large white square 9-pin connector connect to? this connector could be on the battery side of the engine bay. i am not ruling out that this harness is for L--jet but it's marked d-jet.

2) out of the sheathing at the 12 pin connector to the relay board is a single white wire with a spade connector. what does it connect to?

3) out of the large white square connector is a red wire. the connector on the end of the wire has been cut off. does it go to battery +?

4) coming out of the sheathing at about the same place as the green/red wire for the Oil pressure switch is a single brown wire with a spade connector. what does it connect to?

5) black/purple wire. goes to the coil for the tach.

6) double black also goes to the coil

7) yellow wire goes to the solenoid

8) gray/brown wires go to the back up lights switch.

thanks in advance. i have looked at factory wiring diagrams in color but they are really hard to see (even with magnifying glasses, insert old decrepid octogeneric smilie here).
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 08:00 AM