Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Finding out how good a car while still miles away.
dv8tion
post Feb 27 2006, 08:53 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,633

Sorry if this isn't in quite the right forum, but I did a quick search and didn't find what i was looking for.

What I am looking to find is a 2.0 in reasonably good shape, but pictures only go so far into telling you how good a car really is. Flying around the country is probatively expensive these days so I am looking to find out if there are people on this board (or any really) who are willing to go out and have a good solid poke at a car that I (or anyone) might be interested in. Basically I would prefer to not have my first experience with a 914 to be a sucky and depressing one.

The person's time would be compensated, (as would a hit man's if you stole the car from under me (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/wink.gif) ) as that would be less expensive than flying around, and or buying a car only to discover that it is ever so slightly bent in the middle.

Courtesy of the posts on here and else where, I think I have a reasonable idea of what to look for, but there are subtleties to these cars which I don't know to look for.

All I really know to look for is the 'hell box', to see if the passenger door opens and shuts easily, to look for obvious rust spots and obvious water damage, and to make sure the damn thing even starts up. None of which can be done while you are hundreds or thousands of miles away..

So, if there already is a list of people who do this sort of thing, I willy freely admit to being blind.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 03:56 PM