Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Suby conversion, Oil pan group buy
Porcharu
post Mar 3 2006, 09:08 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,518
Region Association: Northern California

I am going to order an oil pan "kit" for the Suby engine from Sharpbuilt in Australia. I have a price quote of $118 each delivered to me, I need to order 5 to get that price. The kit is $85 the rest is shipping - the more we buy the less the shipping is (per kit.) I think I can do the pan cutting cutting (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/sawzall-smiley.gif) and welding (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/welder.gif) for a reasonable price - I just don't know how much time each kit is going to take. It looks like a few hours of work to me. Of course if I do 5 of them it should be more efficient. Just post to this thread if you want in on the fun.

Here is the kit. oil pan kit

This setup seems a lot nicer than just chopping off the bottom of the pan and loosing oil capacity. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/welder.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
d914
post Mar 4 2006, 07:52 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 904
Region Association: South East States

I'm in, think about adding a AN fitting in front for us turbo guys.....We can add just a thought....see the outback version......I do like this better...My car will see some track time and the more oil the better!!

any more progress on the cvs???

should be tracking down my motor and tranny in the next couple weeks!!!! Finally got one of my big deals approved!!!!!! (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
Porcharu
post Mar 4 2006, 02:36 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (d914 @ Mar 4 2006, 05:52 AM)
I'm in, think about adding a AN fitting in front for us turbo guys.....We can add just a thought....see the outback version......I do like this better...My car will see some track time and the more oil the better!!

any more progress on the cvs???

should be tracking down my motor and tranny in the next couple weeks!!!! Finally got one of my big deals approved!!!!!! (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif)

What size A/N would you like - and where?
CV's and axles are done - flanges are being designed. Another member found a shop that will make them for $270 for one pair. Should be able to get it down to $200 for 5 sets. Now I need to get off my butt and make the tubing bender, the parts are waiting to holes made in them today.
+Quote Post
d914
post Mar 4 2006, 02:46 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 904
Region Association: South East States

that would be bus axles, 914 and 944 cvs and the new flange?? I'm in for a set of flanges also!!
+Quote Post
jonwatts
post Mar 4 2006, 02:49 PM
Post #5

no rules, just wrong

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 141

So Steve, what exactly are you getting? The "Supa Sump" or just the sump box that has to be welded to the pan? What about the shorter oil pickup?

I may be interested but I don't know if it'll clear my engine mount and not sure if I really need it since my engine is sitting high enough now that not too much of the oil pan is exposed.

I'll check back later.

Jon
+Quote Post
Porcharu
post Mar 4 2006, 04:47 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (jonwatts @ Mar 4 2006, 12:49 PM)
So Steve, what exactly are you getting? The "Supa Sump" or just the sump box that has to be welded to the pan? What about the shorter oil pickup?

I may be interested but I don't know if it'll clear my engine mount and not sure if I really need it since my engine is sitting high enough now that not too much of the oil pan is exposed.

I'll check back later.

Jon

The sump box kit.
+Quote Post
Porcharu
post Mar 4 2006, 04:52 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (d914 @ Mar 4 2006, 12:46 PM)
that would be bus axles, 914 and 944 cvs and the new flange?? I'm in for a set of flanges also!!

Take a look at the transmission thread. Custom flange -> bus inner CV's -> bus axle -> 914 cv -> stock hub (or bus cv -> 944 stub -> pre 74' 911 hub)

You use the 914 parts to stay 4 lug, go bus/944/911 for 5 lug high power. Works for both.
+Quote Post
Porcharu
post Mar 8 2006, 02:02 PM
Post #8

Anyone else?
I have Greg, James and myself so far.
I want to place the order on Friday.
+Quote Post
Mueller
post Mar 8 2006, 02:12 PM
Post #9

914 Freak!

Member No.: 87
Region Association: None

wonder how much thier adapter plate and flywheel is??? (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/idea.gif)
shipping has got to be a killer on those items......
+Quote Post
jimkelly
post Mar 8 2006, 05:57 PM
Post #10

Delaware USA

Member No.: 2,460
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Steve,

I'm in on the pan - will you to the modifying of it and of the sump pump for a reasonable fee?

I've been checking the other thread regularly and saw no update - found this today - as I have not been spending too much time on the club lately.

Got my horn working today - honk honk : )

$250 for just the two flanges - maybe $200 for 5 sets. I was hoping about $100 for the set - oh well. Has raxles and precisionalloy given a chance to give a quote?

Jim
+Quote Post
Porcharu
post Mar 9 2006, 12:58 PM
Post #11

QUOTE (jimkelly @ Mar 8 2006, 03:57 PM)
Steve,

I'm in on the pan - will you to the modifying of it and of the sump pump for a reasonable fee?

I've been checking the other thread regularly and saw no update - found this today - as I have not been spending too much time on the club lately.

Got my horn working today - honk honk : )

$250 for just the two flanges - maybe $200 for 5 sets. I was hoping about $100 for the set - oh well. Has raxles and precisionalloy given a chance to give a quote?

Jim

I'll weld it up for a reasonable fee - I can't quote yet because I don't know how much work it is.

Nothing going on other than getting the tubing bender made. I have been thinking about a cable shifter and I am going to start collecting parts for it.

The flanges still need to be mocked up and then I will send out for quotes.
I would be very suprised if they can be made for less than 250 a pair. The ones you see for the VW's are mass produced overseas. Custom quality work costs money no way around it. The flanges are still going to be cheaper than custom axles.

+Quote Post
Mueller
post Mar 9 2006, 01:02 PM
Post #12

914 Freak!

Member No.: 87
Region Association: None

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/hijacked.gif)

Steve,

not sure if you have seen this micro-stepper with joystick controller...you can adjust the feed rates via a pot.
+Quote Post
Porcharu
post Mar 23 2006, 01:08 PM
Post #13

Last call to get in on the oil pan kit.
Price for one kit delivered to me is $125 . This includes the kit, 2nd class air shipping and paypals' 3% fee. This proce is based on 4 kits. PM me to confirm - I want to place the order by Friday.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 03:29 PM