Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My Wife is a Trooper, Help with no low beams
76green
post Mar 5 2006, 09:11 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,411

Well...I actually talked my wife into riding in the 914 to do some errands and go visit some friends not too far away. We ended up leaving when it was dark and I flip the lights up and there were no low beams. Fuses look good and I could hold the "clicker" back and would have high beams but they would not stay on. So I had to drive about 30 minutes home by holding the "clicker" all the way home. Needless to say she did not enjoy that. I have done a search on the relay but it appears that the PO did some rigging. I can hold the relay in my hand and feel it click to high but that is about it. I have a picture...Any ideas?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Sparky
post Mar 5 2006, 11:23 AM
Post #2

Mahna Mahna!

Member No.: 847

Looks like you've got a lot clean up to do there. I'd start by checking everything that has electrical tape on it. Pull the tape off and see if the connections are soldered or not. Check your relays and wiring up front as well. Looks like the PO did more then just a little "modding" to your fuse panel area.

Good luck and let us know what you find!

Mike D.
+Quote Post
76green
post Mar 5 2006, 03:29 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 5,411

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/boldblue.gif) (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/aktion035.gif) I took everything apart cleaned it with contact cleaner...took off the electrical tape redid all connections...replaced every fuse...cleaned all relays...took the headlight relay apart and cleaned it...turned everything back on and IT WORKED...not sure which part made it work...but hey...my horn even works now...! Thanks Mike...for takin' a look and the time to reply!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 05:05 PM