Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Misfiring under 2500 RPMs, 1.7L Misfires, but only under 2500RPMs
jackr67
post Mar 9 2006, 12:03 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,882

90% of the time, my 1.7L injected car runs fine.

Ocassionally and very abruptly it'll drop two cylinders under 2500 RPMs and pick up a very low idle, no doubt due to the miss. It doesn't seem to be localized to any one cylinder - I've pulled each plug wire one at a time and they all affect the idle about the same. Above 2500 (to 3000 RPMs, in between really) it runs just fine. It goes from a debilitating miss to full power very suddenly as you coax the RPMs up. Usually if it picks up this problem while driving it'll last the rest of the drive, but then be fine next time it's started, though sometimes it'll self-correct after a couple minutes.

It's been suggested that the advance plates in the distributor may be sticking, otherwise I'm not sure what else may be causing this. This behavior used to be rare but now is ocurring quite a lot more often.

Any thoughts before I dig into it tonite?

Thanks!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
jackr67   Misfiring under 2500 RPMs   Mar 9 2006, 12:03 PM
r_towle   Check to make sure your MPS holds a vacuum. Put a ...   Mar 9 2006, 12:16 PM
ArtechnikA   check the trigger points; that's what it was w...   Mar 9 2006, 12:44 PM
jackr67   Is there any trick to getting the plates out, then...   Mar 9 2006, 02:51 PM
Dr. Roger     Mar 9 2006, 07:43 PM
bd1308  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 04:15 AM