Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A few questions???, Oil capacity of 930 box, drop links, etc
wbergtho
post Mar 16 2006, 05:49 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 623

Here's a few questions for those running 930 stuff on their 914's. I have a 930 front suspension on my car and would like to corner balance it. I have the stock 930 turbo front sway bar with the stock connections at the A-arms (stock rubber bushings). My car is mostly a street car but will see some time on the track. I would like to buy or fabricate adjustable drop links for the front 930 sway bar. Anybody been there and done this? Are parts available or do I need to fab up my own? I can't run the extra whammy top shelf (bulhead next to gas tank set-up) because my V-8 radiator hoses and other junk is in the way.

Also, I'm about ready to pour oil into my 930 LSD gearbox and I'm running an oil cooler & Tilton differential pump. I've been told to turn on the pump and start pouring oil in the side filler hole on the box until it starts to drip out. I have a gallon of Swepco 201 and I'm guessing it may be just enough to satisfy my requirements. Does anyone know what a 930 box oil capacity is w/out cooler accessories?? Do I need a LSD additive along with the Swepco 201? Also, are you guys running trans coolers using a thermo switch to activate the system or a switch on the dash (or both)? So far, I have hooked up a guage and a switch and may also hook up a thermostatically controlled switch. Anyone have part numbers or a source for a good thermo switch? Oh...one more thing...Do you guys run a puke tank from the trans breather? If so, what did you use for a puke tank? I'm just thinking about using a small quart sized tank of some kind? Perhaps smaller?

Thanks in advance for all your awesome advice! (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/aktion035.gif)

Bill
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
wbergtho
post Mar 16 2006, 09:44 PM
Post #2

Just poured a whole gallon of Swepco into my 930 trans and it appears to be thirsty for more. Anyone know how much oil goes in a 930 box?
+Quote Post
iamchappy
post Mar 16 2006, 10:04 PM
Post #3

It all happens so fast!

Member No.: 1,315
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I cant help you with the capacity, but after I topped the case off up to the filler plug on my 901 I believe I added about a quart more.
I sucked up the extra fluid out of a container using the pump until it squirted out the delivery hose end, then i fastened everything back up.
I use a dash mounted switch to run my Tilton pump, I like to keep things simple, less trouble shooting down the road if something stops working.
+Quote Post
Jeroen
post Mar 16 2006, 10:23 PM
Post #4

914 Guru

Member No.: 3
Region Association: Europe

the way the late underbody front swaybar is designed, I can't think of a way to make them adjustable...
+Quote Post
wbergtho
post Mar 16 2006, 10:44 PM
Post #5

To Iamchappy,

That sounds like a great way to know when you're full. I think I'll try that. By the way, are you using Swepco 201? Or other? Do you use a LSD additive?

Thanks
+Quote Post
iamchappy
post Mar 16 2006, 11:00 PM
Post #6

It all happens so fast!

Member No.: 1,315
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I am using Amzol which has worked well for me for over 20 years in the 901, I had swepco in there before I put the Amzol in and will probably go back to it, The Amzol was the best available at the time of my last change and I use it with confidence. I am not using LSD with my Quaffe, but I have used it on my self long ago. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/cool_shades.gif)
+Quote Post
drive-ability
post Mar 16 2006, 11:10 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 3,782

I fed my 930 a gallon (201) and it wasn't dripping out the side fitting but I could feel it inside with my finger. It was just about to drip out. I didn't see if your transmission is up-side-down or converted, that may make a difference. I am no expert via the subject (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/wacko.gif) but I would want to be sure knowing how much a replacement is. I don't believe you need to add anything for the LSD. I also connected a fitting on my breather port, then a hose to the fitting leading up inside the trunk with a breather. I added a power brake booster filter in-line. I haven't seen a speck of oil reach the top in the trunk. The filter just grabs any oil pushed up and lets it drip back down. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
wbergtho
post Mar 16 2006, 11:46 PM
Post #8

Hey Drivability,

Do you run an oil cooler w/ your 930?

Bill
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 05:32 AM